Hot Deals

[University of Calgary] Free Microsoft Azure AI online course & exam (AI-900)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2021 5:28 pm
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
270 posts
416 upvotes
Calgary

Free Microsoft Azure AI online course & exam (AI-900)

Deal Link:
Savings:
free
Retailer:
University of Calgary
Microsoft continues their program of offering free technical certification courses, and the corresponding exam, through Canadian post-secondary institutions. This time it's UofC and Azure AI Fundamentals (AI-900).

Learn about the fundamental concepts of artificial intelligence (AI) and the services in Microsoft Azure to build AI solutions for FREE. Experience a hands-on approach to see AI in action and explore Azure AI services. Microsoft Azure includes a suite of tools that enables learners to ingest data, build machine learning (ML) models, and deploy those models as REST API web services. Azure also includes a number of platform-as-a-service cognitive services that offer learners access to pre-trained ML models.

This course covers the objectives for Microsoft Exam AI-900: Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals. This exam is required to fulfil the requirements of the Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals professional certification. Each learner enrolled in this course will get one free Microsoft certification exam voucher to write the Microsoft Azure AI Fundamentals Certification Exam (AI-900).

Please do NOT register if you do not intend to attend the course, these classes have limited seating and you'll be taking away those who actually want to attend.
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Jun 22nd, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
170 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2004
2521 posts
729 upvotes
Winnipeg
Signed up, thank you!
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
270 posts
416 upvotes
Calgary
dealzooper wrote: How does this compare to the Azure AZ-900 exam?
Quite similar as far as the level goes, just a different focus (Azure AI vs Azure), I believe. Both are technically not MS expert certifications, rather fundamentals courses and exams.

Microsoft Certification paths
Dec 16, 2015
170 posts
76 upvotes
BC
RockyMtns27 wrote: Quite similar as far as the level goes, just a different focus (Azure AI vs Azure), I believe. Both are technically not MS expert certifications, rather fundamentals courses and exams.

Microsoft Certification paths
wow didnt know there was a whole slew of these courses. just curious, have these been offered for free in the past?
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
270 posts
416 upvotes
Calgary
ayogtc wrote: wow didnt know there was a whole slew of these courses. just curious, have these been offered for free in the past?
Microsoft and RBC teamed up with Seneca College to offer Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900).

Related RFD thread
Sep 5, 2007
55 posts
32 upvotes
Calgary
Mostly just 900 level fundamental courses and certification exams. Microsoft used to give out free certification exam vouchers at their events.
Jan 14, 2013
581 posts
377 upvotes
Toronto
This is great. Hoping it's a bit better than the Seneca offering but registered and I should have two opportunities to take this exam now with the Microsoft Virtual Learn voucher
Jun 15, 2020
245 posts
315 upvotes
Ontario
areyoukiddingme2k13 wrote: This is great. Hoping it's a bit better than the Seneca offering but registered and I should have two opportunities to take this exam now with the Microsoft Virtual Learn voucher
I might be wrong but I think the Seneca one is AZ 900 and this one is AI 900
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
270 posts
416 upvotes
Calgary
MrBear2019 wrote: I might be wrong but I think the Seneca one is AZ 900 and this one is AI 900
True, but the MS Virtual Learn vouchers can be used for different exams, I believe. You can get these by attending MS Virtual Learning days, which is what I believe areyoukiddingme2k13 is referring to, rather than the voucher from the Seneca workshop.
Apr 26, 2009
745 posts
524 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP! Signed up. I did the free AZ-900 at Seneca as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1141 posts
405 upvotes
YYC
Too bad ... it doesn't look like there's a free university email address or software this time
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
270 posts
416 upvotes
Calgary
herc wrote: Too bad ... it doesn't look like there's a free university email address or software this time
I won't rule that out until the email with further details arrives. Afterall, depending on which feature of Teams (I.e. Live Events) UofC is using to deliver the course, it can require an account on their MS AAD, thus a ucalgary.ca account.

Time will tell, I guess!
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4916 posts
402 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
is this a one day course?
Zoomer Wireless & Public Mobile customer
Sep 8, 2014
7 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks, just got thru AZ900 from Seneca so just in time.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
270 posts
416 upvotes
Calgary
I believe the weekend sessions I saw were one day - 8 hours, including the one I registered for. But there are some that are split up into two days, with one day in between.

Gonna be a LOOONG day for me...