• Aug 15th, 2019 1:21 pm
[OP]
Jul 27, 2018
24 posts
44 upvotes

free water quality test + 20$ home depot gc

Retailer:
unknown
I was at home-depot ( heartland, Mississauga) this weekend and was asked regd a free water quality test by a salesperson ( thirdparty authorized to market in homedepot) .
They were offering a 20$ gift card for a free water test at home.
While i didnt go with it myself- as it looked more of they want to sell than they want to tell. Posting in case someone wants to take advantage.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1804 posts
874 upvotes
Not sure how much you value your time, but $20 for an extended sales pitch in your own home? No thanks.
May 30, 2010
602 posts
147 upvotes
SkiLLz wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 9:55 am
Not sure how much you value your time, but $20 for an extended sales pitch in your own home? No thanks.
And potential that without express written notice not to do so, the vendor will still attempt to schedule an install and bill for their equipment.
Mar 7, 2005
700 posts
183 upvotes
I had to suffer through one of these once. I thought it would be rather quick test and then pitch for the product. The softener was WAY overpriced and then needed to subscribe to get their soaps/laundry products, whatever. It took well over an hour to get rid of the guy. I was probably too nice about it.
Feb 2, 2006
398 posts
137 upvotes
I'm thinking this is RainSoft? I fell for this when I moved into a newly built home and it took well over an hour to get rid of the salesman. He spent his time convincing me a water softener would be a good idea but ended up leaving after I got pissed at the ridiculous price: $100/month for 10 years! Yes, $12,000! Face With Tears Of Joy
Mar 7, 2005
700 posts
183 upvotes
Turge wrote:
Aug 15th, 2019 11:15 am
I'm thinking this is RainSoft? I fell for this when I moved into a newly built home and it took well over an hour to get rid of the salesman. He spent his time convincing me a water softener would be a good idea but ended up leaving after I got pissed at the ridiculous price: $100/month for 10 years! Yes, $12,000! Face With Tears Of Joy
Yeah, that sounds about right. I nearly passed out when I heard that number. How many people fall for this nonsense? Oh, but they supply soaps and stuff. Yeah, that makes it worth it.