Cell Phones

Unlimited data Bell?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2017 6:40 pm
[OP]
Member
Aug 3, 2015
366 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto

Unlimited data Bell?

There is a guy on Kijiji selling unregulated SIM cards for UD Voice/Data for Canada/USA that will work up to three years.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone/markh ... nFlag=true

Thoughts?
---------------------------------
For google ranking:

*Unlimited Everything* --pls read below--

-Unlimited 4G LTE SPEED DATA
-Unlimited call
(No International calling) only Canada/U.S. Calling,
Unlimited text,

-Voicemail
-Caller I.D.

-3 years of unlimited bell service/4G LTE Data
-Works with ANY phone BUT has to be unlocked OR with Bell/Virgin
-Have your data on all the time & be worry Free!
-Comes with a new number 416/647 area codes only and it is not registered under anybody's name and cannot be registered & you are NOT able to port your number

*NO BILLS/NO PLANS*
*NO MONTHLY PAYMENTS*

-PAY UP FRONT $300 ONCE for SIM card and it's yours and IMMEDIATELY enjoy unlimited everything.. this is a NOT a pre-paid plan.. I acquire these sims from a connect at bell

I've personally been using one and my sim is going on 3 years now with no issues.. we've been testing sims since 2014 & selling since 2015
(we are not testing on you!!) we know exactly how how long these sims last for(2-3yrs)
-Stop paying those high cost phone bills and SAVE $$$$$

-Price per sim is $300




Edit: THIS IS A SCAM, SEE POSTS BELOW. DO NOT CONTACT THIS GUY
Last edited by in4red on Apr 15th, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
11 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2008
2447 posts
249 upvotes
Scarborough
in4red wrote: There is a guy on Kijiji selling unregulated SIM cards for UD Voice/Data for Canada/USA that will work up to three years.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone/markh ... nFlag=true

Thoughts?
Seems a little too good to be true
Rogers $67.50/20+5gb, Unlimited Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and MMS
Koodo $40-6GB, 1000 LD Minutes, Unlimited Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and MMS worldwide
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2517 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto, ON
in4red wrote: There is a guy on Kijiji selling unregulated SIM cards for UD Voice/Data for Canada/USA that will work up to three years.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone/markh ... nFlag=true

Thoughts?
After you make the exchange, follow him to find our where he's living as there are no other guarantees.
I'm sure he's using a disposable email address and/or disposable phone # with little to no foot print.
If it sounds too good to be true, usually it is.

It's not say Bell did not have something similar in the past.
I had 2 "unlimited" data SIM cards a few years ago that I was paying $10/mo (prepaid) .. I could easily go 40-50 GB. That's no longer available.
There's a thread in this forum about it.
[OP]
Member
Aug 3, 2015
366 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
mobifree wrote: After you make the exchange, follow him to find our where he's living as there are no other guarantees.
I'm sure he's using a disposable email address and/or disposable phone # with little to no foot print.
If it sounds too good to be true, usually it is.

It's not say Bell did not have something similar in the past.
I had 2 "unlimited" data SIM cards a few years ago that I was paying $10/mo (prepaid) .. I could easily go 40-50 GB. That's no longer available.
There's a thread in this forum about it.
Right. He said he would let me download as much as I want before paying to make sure.
Though besides data usage on his phone (which could easily be altered), there is no other way for him to prove it is what it is.
[OP]
Member
Aug 3, 2015
366 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
I'm going to jump right in and say this is a scam. Hopefully people can Google this if they ever think of purchasing and not give in to these scammers.
TL;DR I managed to get in contact with someone who claimed to have paid and only received working service for 3 weeks before it stopped working.

Here is a link to the original ad that claimed to sell the SIM cards. I archived the web pages if they ever remove the ad 
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-phone-servi ... nFlag=true

http://archive.is/Yl9WC - Scammers ad
http://archive.is/hA2ub - Guy claiming to be scammed

Image
Image

Even though it might work for a few days, you virtually have no guarantee they will ever replace it.
From the images above, the two people have similar ads so I doubt they are operating alone.
If anybody knows anyone at Bell or knows how to report these scammers, I suggest you do that too.

Edit 1:
He told me he makes 2k a week selling these to a single party who sells them himself. His choice of words lends me to believe he's not so smart. He keeps referring to his contact inside who gets these sims as a "connect".
Sounds like something Bell should take notice on.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
20796 posts
2176 upvotes
Toronto
Thx OP for checking it out....yeah, sounds iffy to me....there is no guarantee how long the sim would work for...and hard to cough up $300 all at once for it too..

If it sounds too good, it probably is.....
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1428 posts
769 upvotes
The plans are legit, the issue is how long will it last before Bell notices it
It's quite possible to die in a week, and on other hand I have seen some lasting for years

The other thing that matters is WHERE the SIM is setup
I have seen some that work perfect at streaming gigs of data, but get cancelled right away after your first long distance call
I have also seen some that let you roam cross the US streaming data and calling pay per use phone numbers with no issues at all

It is a total gamble
Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming
[OP]
Member
Aug 3, 2015
366 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
kav2001c wrote: The plans are legit, the issue is how long will it last before Bell notices it
It's quite possible to die in a week, and on other hand I have seen some lasting for years

The other thing that matters is WHERE the SIM is setup
I have seen some that work perfect at streaming gigs of data, but get cancelled right away after your first long distance call
I have also seen some that let you roam cross the US streaming data and calling pay per use phone numbers with no issues at all

It is a total gamble
Guess so. The main point I was trying to make was if it stops working you will lose your money.
You're not dealing with sensible people here.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1664 posts
576 upvotes
Oakville
Only buy from a trusted source.

I've had my unlimited data, voice, sms, roaming from one of the Big 3 for years with no issue.

I Pay annually, <$20/month...
it's more expensive than this 1 off payment, but lower risk. The seller is incentivized to keeping the service running (on-going cash flow).

I messaged the OP Kijiji seller some time back asking if they'd agree to meet at my office lobby and me paying them MORE than asking, but on an annual basis and also providing proof of my:
credit worthiness
100% positive feedback
'RFD level income'

no response from OP seller.
[OP]
Member
Aug 3, 2015
366 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
Kursor17 wrote: Only buy from a trusted source.

I've had my unlimited data, voice, sms, roaming from one of the Big 3 for years with no issue.

I Pay annually, <$20/month...
it's more expensive than this 1 off payment, but lower risk. The seller is incentivized to keeping the service running (on-going cash flow).

I messaged the OP Kijiji seller some time back asking if they'd agree to meet at my office lobby and me paying them MORE than asking, but on an annual basis and also providing proof of my:
credit worthiness
100% positive feedback
'RFD level income'

no response from OP seller.
I don't like calling people stupid, but the seller seemed really ignorant to what I was saying.
It was basically really irritating dealing with him.
He also swore at me a few times when I asked him about the person who got scammed.
I would honestly not trust anything he says. Good luck if you decide to go that way.
My main goal was to make a thread that would get indexed by Google, to warn people in the future and try to save them their money.
From personal experience know what it feels like to be scammed/tricked by sellers on Kijiji and have no recourse, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Always trust your gut people!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)