Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Unlimited Photo Backup + $15 amazon credit (PRIME MEMBERS ONLY - YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2019 8:38 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Unlimited Photo Backup + $15 amazon credit (PRIME MEMBERS ONLY - YMMV)

https://www.amazon.ca/b?ie=UTF8&node=19271689011

----------
YMMV
If you click the link above and the promo page appears while you're logged into your Amazon account you are eligible for the $15 credit promo.
If you are not eligible for the extra $15 credit the promo page will not appear and you will get a message saying you're not eligible instead.
It does not matter how long you have had your prime account, as long as this is the first time you have used the Free Photo storage feature.

----------

FREE unlimited photo backup FOR ALL PRIME MEMBERS, 5GB free video backup.

I've never used their app before so I'm not sure how great it is, but unlimited storage and FULL RESOLUTION is amazing! Google photos has unlimited option too but not full resolution. If you haven't checked it out yet now is the perfect time. Free $15 credit for new Amazon Photo users.

Get a $15 Amazon credit and enjoy your unlimited photo storage in three easy steps.
  1. Download and sign in to the free Amazon Photos app.
  2. Upload your photos. Turn on Auto-Save to automatically back up your photos and free up space on your phone.
  3. Claim your reward. Within 14 days you will receive an email with your $15 Amazon credit.

APPS:
ANDROID
IOS
WINDOWS
MAC

Supported Photo and Video Formats

You can view your backed up photos and videos from the website, Fire devices, and the Amazon Drive and Amazon Photos apps for iOS and Android, as long as your photos and videos are one of the common file types listed below.

Tip: You can upload photo and video formats not listed below, but previews of those files may not be available.
Photos: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, most TIFF, HEIF, HEVC, and RAW format files. For more information about supported RAW formats, go to Supported RAW File Types.
Videos: MP4, QuickTime, AVI, MTS, MPG, ASF, WMV, Flash, HEIF, HEVC, and OGG. Videos less than 20 minutes in length and smaller than 2 GB in size can be streamed through the Amazon Drive website and mobile applications. Videos longer than 20 minutes or larger than 2 GB can be stored in Amazon Drive for you to download and watch offline.
-----------------------------------------

OTHER DETAILS:

Eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload a photo for the first time to the Amazon Photos app are eligible for a $15 promotional code.

• This is a limited time offer.

• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 31, 2019.

• Offer only applies to Amazon Prime customers who upload at least one photo through the Amazon Photos app for the first time.

• To be eligible, customers must receive this offer directly from Amazon through the Amazon website or email.

• Customers who were forwarded this offer from parties other than Amazon may not be eligible for this offer.

• You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional code. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional code.

• Promotional code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) August 31, 2019.

• Offer only applies to an order over $25 of products sold by Amazon.ca (look for "sold by Amazon.ca" on product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.ca" or "Prime Eligible".

• Offer does not apply to digital content or Amazon Gift Cards.

• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.

• Offer may not be combined with other offers.

• Offer limited to one per customer and account. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15.

• This offer is available to Prime members only.

• Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.

• Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.

• Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.

• If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to Amazon’s refund policies.

• Offer good while supplies last.

• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.

• If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Last edited by Tha DraGun on Jul 2nd, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
412 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
Wow, great way to get Prime users for LIFE!

Smart.
Nov 3, 2018
447 posts
992 upvotes
they pay you because they mine your photos so they can train their AI for law enforcement and USA government agencies' facial recognition software.

but hey, you get 15$.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2006
1281 posts
1147 upvotes
supremePug wrote: they pay you because they mine your photos so they can train their AI for law enforcement and USA government agencies' facial recognition software.

but hey, you get 15$.
Says google photos as well, but hey everyone still uploads
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5345 posts
7971 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
wwkk624 wrote: Give us your photos for $15.
Give them to us to mine instead of Facebook-Instagram or Google or Fetlife..
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43245 upvotes
ONTARIO
TomRFD wrote: "Sorry, you are not eligible for this offer."

Easy come, easy go.
Yep same here. Damn shame.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: "Sorry, you are not eligible for this offer."

Easy come, easy go.
Hmm, have you ever used the app before, Or upload any pictures to Amazon photos before?
It's only for new users.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
4290 posts
2082 upvotes
BC
wwkk624 wrote: Give us your photos for $15.
I would pay you 15$ for your photos....
Jan 21, 2016
339 posts
347 upvotes
GVRD
supremePug wrote: they pay you because they mine your photos so they can train their AI for law enforcement and USA government agencies' facial recognition software.

but hey, you get 15$.
I haven't seen any news publicly stating that Google will provide government facial tracking, but Amazon has.
Last edited by van1337 on Jul 1st, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First rule of RFD is you don't mention RFD.
Second rule of RFD is you don't call customer service regarding price errors.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5497 posts
2325 upvotes
At what point does it say your not eligible. I'm wondering how do you know if you are eligible.
This is the first time I've used this before too. I just downloaded the app and signed it to it...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

but hey, you get 15$.
Don't upload anything with a face in it. Easy.
Feb 6, 2016
675 posts
759 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

but hey, you get 15$.
Sooner or later and with all those cyber security breaches theyve been getting what they want already so forget all those things and get the 15$ ,i believe nothing is wrong if they improve the facial recognition software and whatever government to be
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7673 posts
10975 upvotes
Scarbs
Always remember to put a .nomedia file in all your saucy folders!
Last edited by aeba7 on Jul 2nd, 2019 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8511 posts
6255 upvotes
I downloaded the app (for Windows) logged in and backed up some photos (scenery only). So far it did not say if I am qualified for the $15 or not
Jul 5, 2006
412 posts
221 upvotes
aeba7 wrote: Always remember to put a .nomedia file in all your saucy folders!
Please elaborate!
Nov 24, 2013
161 posts
197 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada
Just be aware they might bait and switch like they did with their unlimited cloud storage.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10293 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
yermomsmom wrote: Just be aware they might bait and switch like they did with their unlimited cloud storage.
I honestly don't think any of us are looking to actually use this Face With Tears Of Joy