Expired Hot Deals

Unlimited Usenet + VPN $25/year, Unlimited $3.25/month | 1.5TB Block @$10, 3TB @$18 @ Thundernews

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 10:06 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2013
637 posts
1625 upvotes
Westmount, QC

Unlimited Usenet + VPN $25/year, Unlimited $3.25/month | 1.5TB Block @$10, 3TB @$18 @ Thundernews

Deal Link:
Price:
$3.25
Thundernews has several Christmas deals

https://www.thundernews.com/holiday.php

*Unlimited Usenet + VPN = $25/yr lifetime price OR Unlimited Usenet = $3.25/month lifetime price*

and also

Two block account deals: 1.5 TB = one-time $10 OR 3 TB = one-time $18
Images
  • tn.PNG
15 replies
Sep 7, 2006
951 posts
641 upvotes
Wow this is hot AF. What's the catch? Which parent Usenet provider does this fall under and what's server retention?
Jun 24, 2016
487 posts
490 upvotes
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the provider that disables your account if you go over 4TB over the duration of your subscription, so not truly unlimited.

VPN is probably just a WLVPN so likely will work with Netflix.
Nov 25, 2008
22 posts
7 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Omesuri wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the provider that disables your account if you go over 4TB over the duration of your subscription, so not truly unlimited.

What subscription timeframe? I'm definitely over 4TB on an annual sub this year so I can't corroborate this.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18905 posts
27212 upvotes
ONTARIO
Omesuri wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the provider that disables your account if you go over 4TB over the duration of your subscription, so not truly unlimited.

email match@newsdemon.com and they will easily match this deal.
Last July Thundernews was offering $25/18 month subscription and NewsDemon matched them when I emailed them about it at the email above and linked to the deal.
Oct 26, 2019
45 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
If I want to use this deal lifetime VPN only, I don't know what usenet is, is this a proper VPN service like others? If so, isn't it hot for $25 lifetime for VPN?
Jul 10, 2019
353 posts
290 upvotes
tippytaps wrote: If I want to use this deal lifetime VPN only, I don't know what usenet is, is this a proper VPN service like others? If so, isn't it hot for $25 lifetime for VPN?
basically the internet's oldest social network infrastructure.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Apr 29, 2018
968 posts
573 upvotes
Vancouver
BobSagget wrote: email match@newsdemon.com and they will easily match this deal.
Last July Thundernews was offering $25/18 month subscription and NewsDemon matched them when I emailed them about it at the email above and linked to the deal.
They are both part of the same group - https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/pr ... i_hw_media

Got the 1.5 TB. $13 all in. Seems pretty reasonable to me
Oct 26, 2019
45 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
Unlimited Usenet + VPN / Yr $25.

Can I use this as a VPN only service for browser traffic?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2405 posts
571 upvotes
London
Lots of reports I've read on Reddit say that thundernews banned their account when they overused it.
Sep 15, 2008
172 posts
78 upvotes
Price matched at newsdemon for the year service + VPN. Good deal
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
18905 posts
27212 upvotes
ONTARIO
kramer1 wrote: They are both part of the same group - https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/wiki/pr ... i_hw_media

Got the 1.5 TB. $13 all in. Seems pretty reasonable to me
Yeah I know, but people were complaining that Thundernews is not truly unlimited and you'll find your account disabled if you download too much.
In that case it's better to just price match with another company and go with them instead.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2007
2405 posts
571 upvotes
London
The not truly unlimited thing is a legit concern but if you're buying a block the price is decent, although it has been as low as 5$/tb in the past.

Newsgroupdirect has alrdy matched the 3.50/mth price no need to email customer service just go to the Usenet deals section of there site
Dec 25, 2017
137 posts
80 upvotes
Vancouver
Wonder how the VPN speeds stack up? I am experiencing severe throttling on mine (NewsHosting) and will probably get a sub for NewsgroupDirect
Aug 1, 2006
375 posts
46 upvotes
Cancelled my monthly and switched to 1.5TB block since my needs changed. A note though, it looks like the 1.5TB block needs to be used within 12 months. Thanks OP!
Jul 20, 2017
731 posts
832 upvotes
Not seeing these prices, all a bit higher.

1.5TB block for example is defaulting to 7.75 quid. Else you can change the currency to USD or EUR, but not CAD. $10 USD = $13.15 CAD