Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Unlocator

Smart DNS+VPN for region unlocking @ 50% off, $20 to $30 / yr

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2020 12:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider

Smart DNS+VPN for region unlocking @ 50% off, $20 to $30 / yr

Deal Link:
Savings:
50%
Retailer:
Unlocator
Unlocator is currently running a mostly unadvertised deal for 50% off of any of its services using coupon code: STAYSTRONG during checkout.

https://unlocator.com to check out their service, https://unlocator.com/account/signup to signup.

Unlocator is a DNS or DNS + VPN service that specializes in fast privacy and region unlocking for most communication and streaming services around the world. If you use their Smart DNS service alone it allows you to surf or stream the internet as if you were located in any one of 50 locations around the world but at your full internet connection speed as it just modifies your DNS lookups but not actual streaming connection. If you happen to be traveling in the US or Europe somewhere, for example, you can use Smart DNS to watch your Netflix/CBC/CTV etc Canada subscription or browse other Canadian websites as if you were still in Canada. This works for most browsing and streaming services to show you from anywhere to anywhere around the world at full connection speed as that's their specialty. They support over 200 steaming services and you can see an example of their supported sites by clicking here (and yes Netflix, while un-named, is supported - though its always cat and mouse with them the past few years since they started cracking down on region locking).

What makes Unlocater unique is what they call their "Hybrid" combo of DNS + VPN service. Using both gives you the benefit of region unlocking combined with a true encrypted VPN privacy option and makes it easier to defeat region blockers. This is more expensive than their Smart DNS only service but well worth it if you're looking for a comparatively fast, private and unique VPN service that helps unlock just about anything around the world.

As for pricing: if you want their Smart DNS only service it runs anywhere from $1.65 to $2.47 a month with this sale depending on the amount you purchase up front, from per month to 2 year subscription (down from $3.29 to $4.95 a month). If you want their hybrid service of Smart DNS + VPN, pricing ranges anywhere from $2.48 to $4.99 a month depending on length purchased (down from $4.96 to $9.99 a month).

Note: don't forget to use STAYSTRONG in the coupon code box at bottom left if purchasing.
Last edited by Elrondolio on Aug 28th, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
4 replies
Nov 27, 2018
169 posts
289 upvotes
Upvoted, I love to see deals on service subscription and OP is very nice, answered many of my questions in the other thread. Hope to see more deals from you.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
ededed3 wrote: Upvoted, I love to see deals on service subscription and OP is very nice, answered many of my questions in the other thread. Hope to see more deals from you.
Thanks for the kind words, appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
Unlocator was one of the big names several years ago when DNS unblocking services were popular. I'm kind of surprised they are still in business.

DNS unblockers were popular primarily because of multinational Netflix - you could get thousands of additional movies available by just changing your Netflix country. But there were many other unblocked services as well, such as Hulu or BBC. DNS region unblocking was very cost-effective because they used a simple trick to bypass region checking without needing to be a middleman in the streaming like a VPN. Unfortunately they got to be too high profile, trumpeting their ability to offer international Netflix all over the news. Of course the content providers demanded that Netflix should Do Something, so there was a major crackdown and Netflix disabled the DNS trick and started aggressively blocking VPNs as well. Others like Hulu did the same. Many DNS unblocking services went out of business, others switched to providing traditional VPN service, but without Netflix support. But gradually Netflix relaxed vigilance, and now many VPNs and remaining DNS unblocking services support a mysterious "N streaming service" that shall not be named. It's still haphazard, and they have to keep changing server IP addresses to avoid blocking, so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But it's a lot less important these days anyway because Netflix has lost a lot of movie library content and switched instead to Netflix original productions that are available in all countries.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Scote64 wrote: Unlocator was one of the big names several years ago when DNS unblocking services were popular. I'm kind of surprised they are still in business.

DNS unblockers were popular primarily because of multinational Netflix - you could get thousands of additional movies available by just changing your Netflix country. But there were many other unblocked services as well, such as Hulu or BBC. DNS unblocking was very cost-effective because they used a simple trick to bypass region checking without needing to be a middleman in the streaming like a VPN. Unfortunately they got to be too high profile, trumpeting their ability to offer international Netflix all over the news. Of course the content providers demanded that Netflix should Do Something, so there was a major crackdown and Netflix disabled the DNS trick and started aggressively blocking VPNs as well. Others like Hulu did the same. Many DNS unblocking services went out of business, others switched to providing traditional VPN service, but without Netflix support. But gradually Netflix relaxed vigilance, and now many VPNs and remaining DNS unblocking services support a mysterious "N streaming service" that shall not be named. It's still haphazard, and they have to keep changing server IP addresses to avoid blocking, so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But it's a lot less important these days anyway because Netflix has lost a lot of movie library content and switched instead to Netflix original products that are available in all countries.
Ha, I was just editing the original post to give a bit more background. Your writeup is dead on and explains the history well. When it comes to Unlocator I really like their VPN these days and not just for region unlocking... their speeds are better than my other VPN subs from PIA, SlickVPN, PrivadoVPN, etc. and they have servers worldwide where I need them for various purposes. I still use them occasionally for unblocking sports and other streaming services as our family has cut the cord (including using it for Netflix when I'm looking for something specific from the US or Europe). Anyway thanks for the great writeup and background.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)