Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…

unlock S8 on sprint/virgin USA

Anyone know where to unlock on site in GTA. Or views about the remote unlocks and how to make sure some guy that remotely connects to your home computer does not plan back doors or viruses. Perhaps create a partition?
Left rfd
5 replies
Mar 14, 2017
169 posts
71 upvotes
Are you asking about getting your current Canadian S8 unlocked for use with Sprint/Virgin USA?
Or rather are you asking that you have a S8 locked to Sprint/Virgin USA, and you want to unlock it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
The latter.
Left rfd
Mar 14, 2017
169 posts
71 upvotes
I would contact Virgin or Sprint first to see whether you can unlock the phone directly from them. US carriers are pretty strict regarding unlocking though (for example, the phone needs to be active for certain amount of time, account in good standing, etc.)

Failing that, see if mobileincanada can do it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
XeniaOnatopp wrote: I would contact Virgin or Sprint first to see whether you can unlock the phone directly from them. US carriers are pretty strict regarding unlocking though (for example, the phone needs to be active for certain amount of time, account in good standing, etc.)

Failing that, see if mobileincanada can do it.
Ya. I'll ask them but I had a huge credit built up and finally was able to use it to buy a phone. Figured even if just a wifi device for my child was better than nothing. I probably will keep it active for 1 month when I'm in the US next month. After that I'll be done now that it is way easier to buy one off sims for trips to the US. And I'll contact mobile in canada and see but looks like they dont do them but I'll ask still.
Left rfd
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
To close out this thread, I just contacted an ebay seller who would remotely unlock via teamviewer. Make sure to grant access to a segregated drive and or just use a clean computer with nothing important then wipe HD. Phone unlocked for use on GSM networks only. No CDMA.
Left rfd