Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Unlocked 16GB Nexus 4 for $107.99 - Refurb @ EB Games

• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2015 9:34 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!

[EB Games] Unlocked 16GB Nexus 4 for $107.99 - Refurb @ EB Games

Before the usual "OMFG....it's sooooooooo oooooooooold and useless compared to the [ insert latest $800 phone here ].
Yes, it's an older phone (Nov 2012), but comes with many desired functions such as NFC, wireless charging, Miracast, A-GPS, 4.7" 720p HD IPS screen, Lollipop 5.1, etc.
It's also not a US only deal, as most of the other Nexus phone deals are on RFD.
Being Nationwide, your best bet is to call your local EB and see if they have one in stock.

I found a mint condition unlocked 16GB Nexus 4 in store at EB Games for $107.99 with the Edge membership, or $119.99 without.
Usually I find their used electronics way overpriced, but this was a more than fair price which is generally cheaper than CL or Kijiji.
At least this one comes with a 30 day warranty and no risk of the common blacklist scams when buying privately.
Plus it's already unlocked.

http://www.ebgames.ca/Mobile/Games/718897

I updated it to Lollipop 5.1 without any issues and it runs like a champ.
I was surprised to see that it was cheaper than a locked iPhone 4 there.

Probably YMMV, but I found it in-store and the CSR said that if there were any issues with it he could source one from another location.
So far so good, very happy with it.
I was hours away from picking up the Speakout $39 Acer phone with the $100 top-up deal, but figure this is a far better phone for the money.
60 replies
Oct 16, 2012
297 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
That's a pretty good deal to me.

Some may find the lack of SD Card slot be a downside, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Tell me though OP, I had the N4 2 years ago and I remember that there came battery issues after updating to KitKat. Is that resolved in Lollipop?

Would be good to note if this included the Original accessories.

Also if you are a Platinum Member, get an additional 10% off.
Nov 26, 2002
237 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty good deal for someone looking for non-bloat Android phone for reasonable price.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4915 posts
516 upvotes
GTA
Phone is probably 2-3 years old with a non replaceable battery..
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
3007 posts
1350 upvotes
GTA
Not a bad deal, but it is an older phone.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
How did you find it in store? Their stock locator can't find any. Also the Note 2 is available online. And no, it does not wind.
Aug 24, 2010
830 posts
401 upvotes
I still own this phone and enjoy its use. The 2GB of ram is optimal and combined with the 5.0 lollipop, its as fast and bloat free as any phone out there. Runs a full day without much trouble with battery. Only thing I don't like about the phone is the camera.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
PatMeGron wrote: That's a pretty good deal to me.

Some may find the lack of SD Card slot be a downside, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Tell me though OP, I had the N4 2 years ago and I remember that there came battery issues after updating to KitKat. Is that resolved in Lollipop?

Would be good to note if this included the Original accessories.

Also if you are a Platinum Member, get an additional 10% off.
Well I bought mine on Friday night, and did the update when I got home.
It's now Monday and I haven't noticed any issues with excessive battery drain or anything.
All EB phones come with a basic accessory package of a Charger/USB Cable/Headphones/Sim Tool.
Generally not the original branded accessories, but the headphones must be new due to hygienic reasons.
Mine came with a 1A rated charger, which is more than adequate for this phone.
RiCHC3 wrote: Pretty good deal too, Note 2 for Rogers $149
https://www.ebgames.ca/Mobile/Games/719 ... 6gb-rogers
I saw that, didn't bother mentioning it due the the Rogers locking, but that is a great price for a Note II.
I have that phone as well and use it as my main phone for family & friends, and its awesome!!!
The Note II & the Nexus 4 are my current in use phones (and should be for a long while).
Both are on Speakout, with the Nexus 4 being used for home automation ( KODI remote, TV & Stereo remotes, etc )....and for when I don't want to give out my REAL phone # to people, like Craigslist buyers & sellers, LOL!!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
1198 posts
361 upvotes
taro-chan wrote: How did you find it in store? Their stock locator can't find any. Also the Note 2 is available online. And no, it does not wind.
where can I find info that it does not wind? aren't some note 2 modifiable to unlock the aws bands?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 5, 2002
6630 posts
963 upvotes
Good deal, tx for posting. Nice deal on the Note 2 also.

Im still waiting for a Nexus 5 to go on sale refurb, no contract.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
taro-chan wrote: How did you find it in store? Their stock locator can't find any. Also the Note 2 is available online. And no, it does not wind.
I walked into the store, Burnaby BC for those who care.
Wasn't really looking for another phone, but I was at the mall and decided to pop into EB, and it was too good of a deal to pass up ( Nexus/Unlocked/Mint Cond/etc/etc/etc...and $108! )
Are you saying that I happened to get the only one in all of Canada?
Guess it was my lucky night!!!!
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
21250 posts
7660 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmm... Not bad. No LTE, but for that price you can't complain.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2023 posts
1416 upvotes
Note 2 says out of stock when I'm about to pay for it.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1113 posts
2503 upvotes
Fredericton
Who cares if the phone is older? It's still a beast hardware wise with a quad core processor and 2GB of RAM with a very good screen. What the s**t do you people expect for $108?
Jan 9, 2010
43 posts
10 upvotes
Kanata
EugW wrote: Hmmm... Not bad. No LTE, but for that price you can't complain.
With a bit of effort (unlock the bootloader and flash a couple of files), Band 4 LTE is supported on the phone. I have it working on mine on the Rogers network.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
life359 wrote: Who cares if the phone is older? It's still a beast hardware wise with a quad core processor and 2GB of RAM with a very good screen. What the s**t do you people expect for $108?
Exactly!
That's why I posted the deal.....and even mentioned in the first few lines that there's gonna be "butz it'z like soooooooooz oldzzzzz" comments to come.
Needless to say, I was not disappointed in that dept, LOL!!!!
On the flipside, many people here seem to see the upsides, and there are numerous.

Even after just getting a Note II two months ago, I wasn't gonna pass on this unlocked Nexus 4 for only $108.
Worst case scenario was that it would be my new MP3 player.
Best case scenario was throw a small $25 Speakout top up on it and make it a 2nd phone.
Ended up going with both scenarios! :cheesygri

Oh well, I hope some people find value in this and manage to pick one up.