• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2017 6:02 pm
Mar 27, 2013
596 posts
103 upvotes
GTA

Unlocked iPhone 7 & 7 Plus - best place to buy

Hi -

We have the iPhone 5 and looking to purchase the iPhone 7 & 7 plus (unlocked).

We like the plan and the provider we're with now, but we're not able to get a better deal, so we're thinking of purchasing the phones outright from Apple.

Is Apple the best place to buy unlocked phones (GTA)?

Thanks!
- It takes more effort to be sarcastic than polite!
11 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22154 posts
10318 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, the apple store is best to avoid getting scammed on a blacklisted phone.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Yeah, if you can wait there will definitely be a price drop on the 7 in a few months.
Mar 27, 2013
596 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
audit13 wrote: Yes, the apple store is best to avoid getting scammed on a blacklisted phone.
Thanks, I was hoping if I buy two phones, I might get some kind of deal or bonus.
Gee wrote: Wait a few more months. New iPhones are due in October
Ugh, I'd like to wait but my phone is driving me bonkers! I heard the price only drops by $100.00, and someone else told me it drops by several hundred dollars?
wearysky wrote: Yeah, if you can wait there will definitely be a price drop on the 7 in a few months.
Thanks. Please see my reply above. I also had someone warn me if I wait, I might not get the 7/7 Plus in the color and storage size I want.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38383 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
$100 sounds about right. Apple will not drop it several hundred

You wait to see what the new one offers, not buy the old one
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
abuela wrote: Thanks, I was hoping if I buy two phones, I might get some kind of deal or bonus.

Ugh, I'd like to wait but my phone is driving me bonkers! I heard the price only drops by $100.00, and someone else told me it drops by several hundred dollars?

Thanks. Please see my reply above. I also had someone warn me if I wait, I might not get the 7/7 Plus in the color and storage size I want.
No, you won't get a deal for buying more than one.
No, it's not going to drop by several hundred. About $100 sounds right, I think.
They usually keep manufacturing the previous year's model for another year, if memory serves (look at the current availability for the 6s/6s plus, as an example) - I think you should be ok on that front.
Mar 27, 2013
596 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
wearysky wrote: No, you won't get a deal for buying more than one.
No, it's not going to drop by several hundred. About $100 sounds right, I think.
They usually keep manufacturing the previous year's model for another year, if memory serves (look at the current availability for the 6s/6s plus, as an example) - I think you should be ok on that front.
Thanks
Feb 9, 2017
235 posts
260 upvotes
Alternatively, you can buy it from the US and save around $100 if you go to a tax free state, after exchange
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
AShenCA wrote: Alternatively, you can buy it from the US and save around $100 if you go to a tax free state, after exchange
Except for the cost of travelling to said tax free state from the GTA, of course.
Feb 9, 2017
235 posts
260 upvotes
Just in case you're planning on going to one anyways :p
Mar 27, 2013
596 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
Thanks. I like shopping in the USA, but not with the current exchange rate
Disappointed But Relieved Face