60 upvotes

Criterion Collection Flash Sale 40% off

Deal Link:
Savings:
40%off
Retailer:
Unobstructed View
https://www.unobstructedview.com/criterion-flash-sale/

Criterion Flash Sale from Unobstructed View. Toronto based store that is apparently becoming an official Criterion reseller. Lasts 24 hours. Ends tomorrow, Oct 16th at noon EST.

If it's your first order with them use the coupon code NEWS to get an additional 15% off from your order. Also got free shipping.

Obviously not as good as the current 50% off sale by Criterion themselves as it's only select titles here but with the coupon code it's about 31,50$ CDN each blu-ray with tax and free shipping. Main issue with ordering with Criterion themselves is the shipping cost but also the infamous brokerage fees from DHL/UPS.

First thread here so be nice.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3649 posts
1868 upvotes
Thanks. Good first post. Doubt I'll order this time because I don't have time to wade through all of it but nice to have these guys as a future option.

Actually, I've been out of the Blu Ray scene for awhile but getting back into it now. If anyone has suggestions on where the best deals are for used/new Blu Rays, I'd be interested in knowing as would likely many other new collectors. So far I've been buying new from Amazon.ca/co.uk but I'm guessing there are are consistently better places to buy from.
Mar 24, 2015
388 posts
232 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Upvote for providing a great resource.
Nov 26, 2005
808 posts
1243 upvotes
Too late. It appears the coupon code (NEWS) does not apply to Flash Sale items now! Might have worked earlier?
https://www.unobstructedview.com/
"Subscribe to our Newsletter and enjoy 15% off your first order instantly! (Sorry, the discount does not apply to Flash Sale items.)"
Apr 17, 2013
121 posts
93 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo
Unfortunately the ones I wanted (1984, Fish Tank) aren't subject to the sale, but definitely bookmarking this website. Thanks OP, for the heads-up!