Investing

*** The unofficial RBC Direct Investing thread ***

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2020 4:07 pm
Banned
Nov 23, 2018
592 posts
516 upvotes
I made a sale today. But the cash position and the stock position isn't updated for like an hour already.
I can't even place a buy order because the positions aren't updated.

I might have to switch back to Questrade next year.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1188 posts
862 upvotes
joooooooe wrote: Where can I find the 10 digits account number? I only see the 9 digits one. Sorry newbie here...
The 10-digit account number is on the official statement.

see "view & manage documents".
Dec 19, 2018
30 posts
7 upvotes
IrwinW wrote: The 10-digit account number is on the official statement.

see "view & manage documents".
I did. But it says I don't have any statement. I only have an TSFA account there, no trading, etc. Is that why?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1188 posts
862 upvotes
joooooooe wrote: I did. But it says I don't have any statement. I only have an TSFA account there, no trading, etc. Is that why?
If it's a new account, there won't be a statement until month end.
Not sure if they issue statements if there is no activity in the account. Probably not.

ADDED:
The account number also shows on the "confirmation notice" of all transactions.
There must be at least one transaction from when you opened the account, unless its just a cash balance.
Allow two days for transactions to settle, before you see the "confirmation notice".
Dec 19, 2018
30 posts
7 upvotes
IrwinW wrote: If it's a new account, there won't be a statement until month end.
Not sure if they issue statements if there is no activity in the account. Probably not.

ADDED:
The account number also shows on the "confirmation notice" of all transactions.
There must be at least one transaction from when you opened the account, unless its just a cash balance.
Allow two days for transactions to settle, before you see the "confirmation notice".
It's not a new account. I just auto deposit some money to TFSA each month. I checked all documents I can find online including the one you mentioned but no 10 dig number. I guess I will call them. Thanks for your reply though.
Dec 31, 2019
1 posts
After recent alleged update to provide real time stock streaming for all users on December 19 2019 rbc di dashboard is terrible. Prior to this it worked awesome now NYSE and Nasdaq stocks are delayed 10 or 20 minutes depending on the stock it is impossible to trade with that kind of delayed information royal bank sucks.
Banned
Nov 13, 2019
155 posts
111 upvotes
NazifS9157 wrote: After recent alleged update to provide real time stock streaming for all users on December 19 2019 rbc di dashboard is terrible. Prior to this it worked awesome now NYSE and Nasdaq stocks are delayed 10 or 20 minutes depending on the stock it is impossible to trade with that kind of delayed information royal bank sucks.
i use market orders all the time.
Jan 3, 2019
10 posts
looks like VGRO is finally DRIPable in RBC-DI! Took them a while but that will certainly simplify things in my TFSA/RRSP.
Nov 27, 2014
136 posts
150 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
embassyinternational wrote: looks like VGRO is finally DRIPable in RBC-DI! Took them a while but that will certainly simplify things in my TFSA/RRSP.
Where do u see this. I’m loved in and under DRIP eligible it says no.
Jan 3, 2019
10 posts
hpsims wrote: Where do u see this. I’m loved in and under DRIP eligible it says no.
I've got DRIP Eligible showing up as "YES" under all 3 of my accounts (taxable, RRSP, TFSA). Only appears to have changed in the past few days. Maybe they're still rolling it out, or it hasn't been switched over for everyone? Wonder if anyone else is seeing it?
Nov 27, 2014
136 posts
150 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
embassyinternational wrote: I've got DRIP Eligible showing up as "YES" under all 3 of my accounts (taxable, RRSP, TFSA). Only appears to have changed in the past few days. Maybe they're still rolling it out, or it hasn't been switched over for everyone? Wonder if anyone else is seeing it?
I see now. When you click +VGRO in accounts it says DRIP Eligibility Yes. But if you click on the symbol it says no in details lol. We will know soon enough.
Sep 5, 2018
126 posts
182 upvotes
Anyone been around long enough to negotiate rate drops? Specifically around margin rates following today’s cut.
Dec 27, 2011
516 posts
161 upvotes
AB
I'm fairly new to RBC Direct Investing - is it possible to day trade with it? I noticed that when I buy something, the average price I bought it for isn't updated until the next business day.