Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
2576 posts
71 upvotes
GTA

Unraid Problem! Needs Help, pls!

Don't want to hijack the BF deal going on right now so I'm creating a new thread here to ask for help.

I've completed my migration from an Ivy Bridge-based hardware to a Ryzen one over the weekend. I have never encountered a problem after turning it on for the first time and everything is running normal. I don't usually leave it on all the time, mostly during weekends when everybody is home.

The first thing I would like to do is convert reiserfs to xfs on my 8 drives and add another hard drive as I'm running out of space. I was in the process of clearing the hd that I'm going to add to the sytem which will take like over 3 hours for a 2 TB drive, left it alone to finish and went about my day. When I got back to check on it after about 4 hours, I could not log on to the GUI. I checked the router and I can see it's connected but it's not connecting which forced me to hard reset the pc. At first I thought it's the router so restarted the router as well but after 2 more tries clearing the drive it's always disconnecting even when the pc is still on. Some googling around points to ryzen cpu C -states have to be disabled and power supply setting to normal power at idle in the bios and adding some strings to the go script on the flash drive. I have done all that and unraid still disconnects after couple of hours. I never had this issue with my old intel hardware so asking fellow rfd members who are knowledgeable in unraid. I did a set it and forget it the first time I set it up and did not delve into more technical aspects of it only adding drives as I need them. What else should I look at to fix the issue other than going back to my old hardware? I would like to add that I'm running unraid offline ( not connected to the internet ) all the time and it's on a separate router that's also offline. Components are below;

Ryzen 3600
G.Skill DDR4-3000
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II
Corsair 750 PSU
8 HD Drives on array and 1 I'm adding

Thanks for the help.
Stuff for sale/trade/wtb
Computer Stuff
My Heatware
Ebay
3 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13302 posts
4643 upvotes
You need to figure out if your computer is getting a hard freeze or the NIC is just dropping. Ie, can you still log in via console

If the nic is dropping then most likely the NIC chipset isn't fully compatible.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6049 posts
1419 upvotes
rural ontario
Can you see the screen directly attached to the NAS? See if the system crashed. It would appear like the network died but the blame is elsewhere.

Some combinations of ryzen and mobo do not work well with unraid no matter how much you fiddle with c-states.
Make sure your ram is stock ryzen max speed, not the max speed the mobo/ram can achieve.

I had issues with my original ryzen 2200g and Asus 450 mobo. Under sustained heavy loads it would crash. I now use it as a backup NAS without parity and have no issues.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
2576 posts
71 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for the help guys. I don't know what solves the problem but what I did was updated the bios to the latest stable, reset everything but it's doing the same thing.

Applied the C-states and normal power at idle in the bios and go script in unraid and have been running for 3 days straight now without crashing/disconnecting.

Have converted my first reiserfs drive to xfs without issue. So consider the problem solved.

Thanks again.
Stuff for sale/trade/wtb
Computer Stuff
My Heatware
Ebay

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)