• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2020 12:17 pm
[OP]
Nov 6, 2013
346 posts
213 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[IKEA] Up to 20% off all IKEA speakers, including Symfonisk

From August 6-26 IKEA has a sale on speakers, including the IKEA-Sonos crossover Symfonisk. I'll be picking up a pair of bookshelf Symfonisks, which are $119 compared to the usual $149. There's a great review of them here:

Bluetooth speakers are on sale (esp. Eneby series), as are many speaker accessories like wall brackets and Tradfri remote.

Details, as per the website:
"*Valid August 6, 2020 to August 26, 2020. Valid in-store and online. Prices as marked. Exclusions apply. While supplies last. No rain checks. Selection may vary by store. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offers. Offer not valid on previous purchases or items sold from As-Is department. Valid at IKEA Canada locations only."
Last edited by Diakonos on Aug 6th, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
54 replies
Jul 19, 2011
75 posts
150 upvotes
CALGARY
Nice, missed the last sale. Gonna get a couple and pair with Sonos Beam for surround!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7374 posts
397 upvotes
Toronto
Does this integrate well into Google ecosystem? Meaning I could link it to my google home and play music on command?
Nov 22, 2017
148 posts
196 upvotes
SYMFONISK table lamp now $229 down from $249 (8%)

The bookshelf one is $119 down from $149 (20%)
Nov 27, 2009
124 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
This means there should be some in the as-is section in a few weeks.
Jun 24, 2015
118 posts
90 upvotes
North York, ON
Picked up a few bookshelf versions to put around the house. Cleaning day will enjoy the benefits :)
[OP]
Nov 6, 2013
346 posts
213 upvotes
Montreal, QC
manubear wrote: SYMFONISK table lamp now $229 down from $249 (8%)

The bookshelf one is $119 down from $149 (20%)
Yep. For anyone looking for the Symfonisk lamp, I saw one for 199$ at the as-is section at the Montreal location. I suspect there will be more in a few weeks or a month.
trixR4kids wrote: Does this integrate well into Google ecosystem? Meaning I could link it to my google home and play music on command?
You can set Sonos speakers as the default output for your Google home, and so yes, you can play music on command of you have a smart assistant already.

What you can't do is group a Google home with Sonos speakers. Sonos speakers will only play in sync with other Sonos speakers. Nor can you cast to Sonos like you can to any Google home speaker from your phone, etc. (It seems like for *some* apps you can select Sonos speakers as output, but it's inconsistent.)

If you have an apple device with Airplay 2, then you can use them as output speakers for your entire device.

I'd say it's best to just use the Sonos app or voice command to play music.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9533 posts
2257 upvotes
Montreal, QC
My ENEBY20 is one of my best pre quarantine purchase, the fact that I can unplug it and bring it with me in the backyard makes it so much better, sound quality is awesome as well, Sonos did well.

BT range is awesome also, my Echo can stream music to it from inside the house lol
Oct 6, 2018
294 posts
338 upvotes
If these rely on the Sonos app, I'd say stay far away. Sonos recently s*it on their apps and rebranded them while making all sorts of connection issues. Just check the app reviews. Their products have become expensive paperweights.
Feb 14, 2019
894 posts
861 upvotes
Chipppy wrote: If these rely on the Sonos app, I'd say stay far away. Sonos recently s*it on their apps and rebranded them while making all sorts of connection issues. Just check the app reviews. Their products have become expensive paperweights.
I've had zero issues with the Sonos S2 app/OS upgrade. Not saying there aren't issues for others, just I haven't had any.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
8735 posts
2411 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Chipppy wrote: If these rely on the Sonos app, I'd say stay far away. Sonos recently s*it on their apps and rebranded them while making all sorts of connection issues. Just check the app reviews. Their products have become expensive paperweights.
I have at least nine Sonos speakers (including Play 1; Sonos 1; Play 3; Play 5, legacy Connect; legacy Connect + amp) in three locations (home, office, recreational property).

I have not had any problems.

What problems have you had?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Oct 6, 2018
294 posts
338 upvotes
MexiCanuck wrote: I have at least nine Sonos speakers (including Play 1; Sonos 1; Play 3; Play 5, legacy Connect; legacy Connect + amp) in three locations (home, office, recreational property).

I have not had any problems.

What problems have you had?
It constantly loses connection with the speakers. Then you have to reinstall and setup the app and speakers for it to work for a few hours, only for it to lose connection again. I have had zero problems with it before they rebranded the apps.
Images
  • 20200806_234923.jpg
Feb 15, 2011
86 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
FYI for Eneby:
Eneby 20 is ok given its low price tag, but Eneby 30 is pretty bad for the price and its size.

Either get Symfonisk for indoor or get $150ish Sony, JBL, Bose, Ultimate Ears portable speakers.
Ikea has their speakers on demo & Best Buy have other ones on demo so try them and choose the one you like.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1783 posts
252 upvotes
Chipppy wrote: It constantly loses connection with the speakers. Then you have to reinstall and setup the app and speakers for it to work for a few hours, only for it to lose connection again. I have had zero problems with it before they rebranded the apps.
Anecdotes are fun.

I haven't had any issues since the change. Honestly the new app is largely just a new skin.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?