Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Up to $270 for your console/ 4 games for $100 trade towards Series X or S

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 2:36 pm
Nov 22, 2015
165 posts
410 upvotes
Toronto, ON
actyper wrote: So is this trade in still active since they don't have any preorders avail? Do you have to trade in your console right away?
Yes, with this trade in promo you have always had to give the console right away. It is also why the promo usually ends 5-6 weeks before the console releases, they plan on reselling those consoles @ 399 which becomes very hard to do once the new one comes out.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1863 upvotes
Ajax
chemicalxv wrote: Yeah like for example EB Games Australia started taking preorders for their post-launch and 2021 shipments. They could easily do that here, just let it be first come, first serve.

Also yeah I'm sure the PS4s will tank in price once the PS5 is out. There's no way you could argue the PS4 Pro is still worth $500 with a superior console at that exact same price point.
They used to once upon a time. Too complicated now for them to figure it out.
Feb 1, 2013
478 posts
480 upvotes
So I went in to my local EB just to confirm that I'd be able to bring my receipt in for my PS5, along with my PS4, so I could complete the trade. She said they couldn't do it for online orders. When I clarified my request and explained that I was just going to get them to return the PS5, then repurchase it after trading my old console, they hesitated a bit and said it was possible. The employee then warned me that they were going to be busy during the launch, and that it was holiday season, and that it might be difficult for them to do......blah blah blah.

Needless to say, I won't be bringing my console or further business to that location. Lol
Sep 11, 2011
111 posts
32 upvotes
Beamsville
s1gfromwpg wrote: So I went in to my local EB just to confirm that I'd be able to bring my receipt in for my PS5, along with my PS4, so I could complete the trade. She said they couldn't do it for online orders. When I clarified my request and explained that I was just going to get them to return the PS5, then repurchase it after trading my old console, they hesitated a bit and said it was possible. The employee then warned me that they were going to be busy during the launch, and that it was holiday season, and that it might be difficult for them to do......blah blah blah.

Needless to say, I won't be bringing my console or further business to that location. Lol
This is exactly my plan when the Series X gets released. I'll be taking it to my local EBgames to "return/rebuy" with console trade in at launch.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7562 posts
8328 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
s1gfromwpg wrote: So I went in to my local EB just to confirm that I'd be able to bring my receipt in for my PS5, along with my PS4, so I could complete the trade. She said they couldn't do it for online orders. When I clarified my request and explained that I was just going to get them to return the PS5, then repurchase it after trading my old console, they hesitated a bit and said it was possible. The employee then warned me that they were going to be busy during the launch, and that it was holiday season, and that it might be difficult for them to do......blah blah blah.

She's not wrong though. With capacity restrictions in place most of their stores are going to be nightmares by that time. I've been to stores before when there was over a dozen people in line just inside (plus people still browsing around the store) and that was before all this...they're 100% going to be forced to have people line up outside for long periods of time.
mrtvgame wrote: They used to once upon a time. Too complicated now for them to figure it out.
I think their system can handle it they just don't want to. Probably don't want to end up with "preorders" until June of 2021 lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2291 posts
938 upvotes
Scarborough

theexit148 wrote: This is exactly my plan when the Series X gets released. I'll be taking it to my local EBgames to "return/rebuy" with console trade in at launch.
but the trade in promo ends on oct 1st.
Tangerine
Simplii
Freedom Mobile
Dec 27, 2012
248 posts
369 upvotes
dino7c wrote: $235 for a One X...the most underrated console ever. * its better than the Series S in many ways
it is a powerful console without a doubt and in theory, "should" be getting the same trade in value as the switch and ps4 pro under better circumstances. BUT, the problem lies in demand. the xbox line of consoles are simply NOT in high demand and are quite a laughing stock relative to ps4 and switch sales. eb games simply does not need hardware that will be sitting idle in a warehouse. that is why it's value is decreased compared to the ps4 pro and switch hardware.
Feb 1, 2013
478 posts
480 upvotes
supremekai wrote: but the trade in promo ends on oct 1st.
That's fine. I'll take a reduction in trade value. I'm not going to sit at home without a console for 1.5 months, nor do I want to bother selling on kijiji while in the midst of a pandemic.
Aug 5, 2020
101 posts
77 upvotes
RE the trade in options, I know for last gen (and I think it has been for multiple gens) they have had fairly regular trade in specials (usually when a new model comes out). Is there any reason why this would be different? I usually hold off for at least a year before I upgrade a console and I see 0 reason for me to pre-order either console right now.

I think generally speaking as the console becomes cheaper to produce and they are focused more on building their user base I'm sure there is incentives for retailers to push out as many console sales as possible. The only exception seems to be the Switch since it never stays in stock.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
xristophoros wrote: it is a powerful console without a doubt and in theory, "should" be getting the same trade in value as the switch and ps4 pro under better circumstances. BUT, the problem lies in demand. the xbox line of consoles are simply NOT in high demand and are quite a laughing stock relative to ps4 and switch sales. eb games simply does not need hardware that will be sitting idle in a warehouse. that is why it's value is decreased compared to the ps4 pro and switch hardware.
true, after getting xbox x, I realized spec is not all that for consoles...
look at ps4 and switch being crazy popular

I'm holding on to xbox x as I believe new games will still be playable on xbox x eg. halo
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
8207 posts
6542 upvotes
max300 wrote: Don't get me started on EbGames..I'm never trading my ps4. Not enough..you can get 350 to 400 easy cash or more on kijiji,facebook,ebay and so on.
Anyway.. today I tried 2 pre order PS5 from there website ,total crash disaster.
Console was in my cart and couldn't pre order it..I was waiting for almost an hour, what a joke.
Fix your 2000 website server.my god,never again..stay away from Ebgames.
Want to sell mine for me then if $350-400 is so easy?

Have had mine listed for weeks and can't even move it at $275 with two controllers.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2009
1323 posts
617 upvotes
Laval
I was able to sell my PS4 Pro with Spiderman, Controller and Charger for $400 in less than 30 minutes. Just needs some good timing or really good luck. I'm having a bit of a hard time selling my 1st gen Switch for $350 though. I had one offer but guy ended up saying no later.
Last edited by Gary320 on Sep 28th, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1863 upvotes
Ajax
tietherope wrote: Want to sell mine for me then if $350-400 is so easy?

Have had mine listed for weeks and can't even move it at $275 with two controllers.
Location?
Feb 8, 2010
145 posts
112 upvotes
hard to get more than $300 for the one x or pro.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4856 posts
4344 upvotes
Calgary
$270 trade in value for a PS4 pro sounds like a terrible deal
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
4527 posts
4893 upvotes
Whitby
No pre order available no deal. If ppl cancel those consoles will be first day walk-ins.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10987 posts
2800 upvotes
Victoria
If this deal is still on when the Series X actually comes out, I'll be tempted to upgrade on the fly. I only paid about $310 before tax for my series X last December. So that's $75 to use the One X for the 10 months (plus it came with Jedi Fallen Order which I would of bought for my PS4pro anyways).
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2008
1630 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto

Are you selling the original PS4, or the PS4 Pro?

Many of the 350-400 are selling the Pro version with a bundle including games
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
2087 posts
1953 upvotes

Yup. I have a pro up for $300 and it’s not moving.
Not sure who this guy is selling to.