Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Up to $270 for your console/ 4 games for $100 trade towards Series X or S

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 2:36 pm
May 15, 2013
132 posts
206 upvotes
enceladus9 wrote: With preorder (or I guess, at the time, purchase of new console) - and no, it's a dumb deal really. Why offer if the consoles can't even be purchased..
I'm pretty sure they would be swarmed with old PS4/Xbox consoles if they allowed anyone to trade in without an existing pre order of next gen console.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
1586 posts
3304 upvotes
Toronto
mmikeman wrote: Been trying to trade my 2nd switch for ps5 preorder but sadly...out of stock in Windsor and Chatham anyone have word on when more stock is coming in? I called several stores and they told me to check Facebook lool
Sep 13, 2018
171 posts
313 upvotes
GoDziLlA123 wrote: I'm pretty sure they would be swarmed with old PS4/Xbox consoles if they allowed anyone to trade in without an existing pre order of next gen console.
Understandable but then don't keep extending a promo that basically no one can take advantage of.
Jun 7, 2008
343 posts
29 upvotes
XtraClip wrote: Just an FYI, I called 3 local EBG in Montreal (Anjou, LaSalle, Henri Bourassa) and all of them said the console trade in has been extended to November 1st, 2020. Website will be updated tomorrow I assume.

Didn't see this in the thread, if it's there, blame my 51 year old eyes :)
I would like to get the new Xbox and trade in my Xbox x. Is it still available to do it? I see the preorder is not available now.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1863 upvotes
Ajax
keroma wrote: I would like to get the new Xbox and trade in my Xbox x. Is it still available to do it? I see the preorder is not available now.
See my previous post, I was told by my local store that the promo would continue through November 1st. However, we will not know until tomorrow when it can be confirmed. Additional pre-orders might be possible like last week when some opened up by mistake when they were doing the All Access pre-orders. I grabbed one for in store pick up. When I called the store, they looked it up and said yes you can bring in your console to take advantage of the deal.
Jun 7, 2008
343 posts
29 upvotes
Thanks. It mean I need to wait to see if i can pre-order first.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
4724 posts
444 upvotes
Milton
RKD60520 wrote: So $270 without needing the preorder or with the preorder.

I don’t quite understand their deals. If the new consoles aren’t in stock, can we still trade in old consoles and wait till they get more stock?
I spoke with my local EB. The staff member on the phone said that you can’t take advantage of this deal and the boost without having a pre-order already. Even if they do extend this offer to November, I highly doubt they’ll change this aspect of the policy.

So, at this time you’re basically left with just 2 options assuming you don’t have a pre-order and want to get rid of your current console;

1) Sell the console you have on your own via BST/Kijiji/FBM/eBay (wherever your comfort is at)
2) Trade it into EB at $50 less boost. A PS4 Pro/One X are still worth $225 and $185 respectively at this time and you can just keep the credit on a gift card.

Obviously, you can sit, do nothing and wait for consoles to become more readily available but all signs are pointing to that being unlikely until late-2020 or early 2021 given the current constraints on global supply chains and manufacturing. Despite this, even though the majority won’t get the newer consoles, the current gen consoles values will plummet significantly come November. It’s up to your risk levels of playing a wait and see / act now. I would imagine console TIV’s dropping at minimum another $50-75/ea once the new consoles launch.
RFD BST Feedback [107 - 0 - 0] | Heatware [72 - 0 - 0]
Oct 1, 2020
57 posts
31 upvotes
Thank you for the information, Dark-Colonel. I didn't know the current TIV for PS4Pro/OneX is only $50 less, I thought they would only give me 100 bucks for my PS4Pro. Now post launch will suck if they drop another $50. I too think this is likely to happen :(. So if we want to get rid of our consoles the best bet should be now.. but then we won't have any consoles for a while.

How much are PS4Pros going on Kijiji/FB nowadays? Will that be worth it? PS4Pro with a couple games.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1863 upvotes
Ajax
Ne0Gamma wrote: Thank you for the information, Dark-Colonel. I didn't know the current TIV for PS4Pro/OneX is only $50 less, I thought they would only give me 100 bucks for my PS4Pro. Now post launch will suck if they drop another $50. I too think this is likely to happen :(. So if we want to get rid of our consoles the best bet should be now.. but then we won't have any consoles for a while.

How much are PS4Pros going on Kijiji/FB nowadays? Will that be worth it? PS4Pro with a couple games.
For values do a quick search in your area. It varies from area to area based on inventory and demand.
Jan 15, 2013
221 posts
166 upvotes
Midland, ON
I just went to EB Games in Barrie to trade in my PS4 Slim and I asked them about the November 1st extension. They said that they did get an email that was worded kind of weird and some people could have mistaken it to mean the console event was extended but that said that it's only the game trade in promotion that's been extended. There could be another console trade event but right now today is the last day.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
8207 posts
6542 upvotes
Anyone sold an Xbox One X in the GTA lately and can share what the going price is? Going to be selling mine.
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
399 posts
510 upvotes
RKD60520 wrote: Understandable but then don't keep extending a promo that basically no one can take advantage of.
I can still take advantage of it, whatcha taking about Willis?
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2012
1166 posts
3596 upvotes
Canada
Internetsurfer wrote: I can still take advantage of it, whatcha taking about Willis?
How is that? It appears to be over.
RFD: Pick any two.
1) In stock
2) Low Price
3) Quality Product
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1825 posts
1328 upvotes
Maple leafs
I am trying to sell two of my Xbox one X in edm and seems like going price is 220 -250 based on offers

So now if that’s the case I might aswell just trade to ebgame and get a gift card for future use