Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Up to $270 for your console/ 4 games for $100 trade towards Series X or S

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 2:36 pm
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2007
926 posts
293 upvotes
nah i'll keep my xbox one x scorpio edition i have issues of buying every single console but i find i seldom use any of them except for some exclusive games or fifa.. but the xbox is good for my free chinese tv streaming.. i guess i technically paid 600 for a tvpad but whatever
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
1756 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
What's a good amount to sell a PS4 pro for? I have two controllers but one is super old and has a burnt out analog stick. A few games, though annoyingly I bought the Last of Us 2 digitally. No box either...
Sr. Member
Nov 3, 2013
802 posts
1418 upvotes
Regina, SK
haites wrote: Helping out a Craigslist idiot here...what's expected when you sell consoles off Craigslist or Kijiji? Do buyers expect to see the console up and running on a TV before taking it off your hands?
Yep as the other guy said, I did a factory reset, still had it hooked up to the TV and showed him that a disc would load.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2005
10984 posts
2799 upvotes
Victoria
I'll probably hold onto my One X for a while. If I can, I'd prefer to maybe hold off on a Series X until a revised version comes out. It is pretty tempting to swap it for a One X for a few hundred dollars more.

I suppose if I could pull that off for my ps4 pro and One X, then I could probably get both new consoles for almost the same price I was gonna pay for a ps5.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10705 posts
3367 upvotes
so....if my xbox one S works perfect, and i dont have a 4k TV, is there really any reason to switch here? i game like 4 hours a day on my xbox at least.
Member
Oct 22, 2011
264 posts
358 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote: so....if my xbox one S works perfect, and i dont have a 4k TV, is there really any reason to switch here? i game like 4 hours a day on my xbox at least.
Smoother gameplay.. faster loads..
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15941 posts
7534 upvotes
London
rocking23nf wrote: so....if my xbox one S works perfect, and i dont have a 4k TV, is there really any reason to switch here? i game like 4 hours a day on my xbox at least.
If your xbox 360 works perfect is there any reason to switch to a one s?

Same question
Member
Nov 30, 2019
447 posts
412 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: If your xbox 360 works perfect is there any reason to switch to a one s?

Same question
A bit different because of how microsoft is supporting the older systems. Their current philosophy is contrary to traditional console generations.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7552 posts
8319 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
rocking23nf wrote: so....if my xbox one S works perfect, and i dont have a 4k TV, is there really any reason to switch here? i game like 4 hours a day on my xbox at least.
If you still have game discs then your only option to keep playing them is to buy the Series X which is $600...

At this point I wouldn't change and probably wait for the inevitable revision regardless of which model you're looking at. The Series S is honestly a joke specs-wise with the serious potential to hold gaming back on the Xbox/PC side of things.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
1078 posts
611 upvotes
Richmond
dino7c wrote: $235 for a One X...the most underrated console ever. Christ its better than the Series S in many ways
I can confirm I was in store today and asked, and the manager showed me $235 for the One X. I'm also holding off on upgrading since I don't even have a 4K tv still.


I also feel kool with a Project Scorpio.
Image
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5308 posts
4310 upvotes
wai_lai416 wrote: nah i'll keep my xbox one x scorpio edition i have issues of buying every single console but i find i seldom use any of them except for some exclusive games or fifa.. but the xbox is good for my free chinese tv streaming.. i guess i technically paid 600 for a tvpad but whatever
What app are you using?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3333 upvotes
350 is a lot of money for the xbox one x since you can get it at shoppers for that price with the point for new and maybe a digital game.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3382 posts
1114 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: If you still have game discs then your only option to keep playing them is to buy the Series X which is $600...

At this point I wouldn't change and probably wait for the inevitable revision regardless of which model you're looking at. The Series S is honestly a joke specs-wise with the serious potential to hold gaming back on the Xbox/PC side of things.
The S has it's place, if you are playing on a 1080p TV there would be very little difference the gamer. Or a 4K tv that's too small/far away to see 4k. It's hardly a joke, it has more power than the Xbox One X, it just has it focused on 1440p gaming. Faster processor, faster ram, way faster loading due to SSD, better future compatibility, ray tracing, etc. No need to misinform the people here.

As far as the "holding back of Xbox and PC due to series X, that's not true either. Almost every single multi platform game is being developed now with multiple versions at once.
If what you saying is true, the PS5 held back as well due to PC ports - they have announced they are expanding their PC presence. The also announced PS4 versions of some of their new games, and that machine is far worse than Series S. Every single multi platform game that has to run on PC "holds back" the games as well as they have to be
build with many low spec PC's in mind, far worse than Series S. The fact is, the PS5 and Series X have tons of power, easy to develop for kits, and there will be amazing games for both, the S holds back nothing.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3382 posts
1114 upvotes
waven101 wrote: 350 is a lot of money for the xbox one x since you can get it at shoppers for that price with the point for new and maybe a digital game.
You would be lucky to find one new in box anywhere in Canada except maybe a back room in shoppers, since they discontinued them, they are hard to find new.
Jr. Member
Dec 17, 2015
141 posts
354 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
kookoo wrote: What's a good amount to sell a PS4 pro for? I have two controllers but one is super old and has a burnt out analog stick. A few games, though annoyingly I bought the Last of Us 2 digitally. No box either...
I sold my PS4 Pro last weekend for 375$, on Facebook Marketplace. Came with box and original accesories, and I also threw in 4 used games I had purchased at EB during one of their promos, including Red Dead Redemption 2, which probably helped me get my price. I didn’t really care for the other games though (Ratchet and Clank, Bioshock Collection, Star Wars Battlefront 2). No extra remote.
Sr. Member
Oct 2, 2019
953 posts
878 upvotes
Nunavut
dethrock wrote: I posted my One X for sale today for $350 and sold it in a few hours. If you have the patience to deal with idiots on Facebook Marketplace/Kijiji or wherever else, you can get a lot more than EB offers.
Ok but why are you calling the person you sold it for $350 an idiot?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 10, 2008
14690 posts
32288 upvotes
k847848 wrote: Ok but why are you calling the person you sold it for $350 an idiot?
I don’t think he’s calling the buyer an idiot since the buyer knew the value . If you ever tried selling something in Kijiji , if you’re asking $350 , most people lowball @$200 and waste your time .
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15941 posts
7534 upvotes
London
stephroll wrote: I don’t think he’s calling the buyer an idiot since the buyer knew the value . If you ever tried selling something in Kijiji , if you’re asking $350 , most people lowball @$200 and waste your time .
$200 would actually be a fair value for someone on Kijiji to offer these days lol

I just sold my 2070 super. I had it listed on Kijiji for $600 and the highest offer I got on there was $250

Ended up selling it for $550 shipped

Top