Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EB Games

Up to $270 for your console/ 4 games for $100 trade towards Series X or S

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 2:36 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6424 posts
6864 upvotes
GTA
mymuro wrote: Will they have in-store pre-orders at 11AM EST? Stores open at 11 so I dont want to waste my time there when I can just pre-order using my computer at BB/Walmart/Amazon/SDM.
If you really want one, I wouldn't rely on buying it online. Australia's preorders were gone in minutes:
https://www.9news.com.au/national/xbox- ... 83073bb01b
Now the question is, was this due solely to high demand, or reseller bots?
mrtvgame wrote: The promo is horseshit really when they only get less than 20 units per store for pre-order. Go waste time lining up or grab one easily on line. Like dethrock said, you can get your money for used consoles other ways.
If EB had half a brain, they would say to customers, go ahead and pre-order online and then we can apply the credit. But they are so stupid they act like it is 1985.
It sounds like the PS5 was about the same amount of units per store. I'm not surprised, despite being a gaming store EB isn't a high volume seller like BestBuy or Walmart. But of course one would think they would get more allocated. Aren't they handling the Xbox financing?
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1162 posts
1007 upvotes
If you "trade in" do you keep your old console until the new one ships or do they expect you to not game until November something
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2006
2714 posts
865 upvotes
chemicalxv wrote: If you still have game discs then your only option to keep playing them is to buy the Series X which is $600...

At this point I wouldn't change and probably wait for the inevitable revision regardless of which model you're looking at. The Series S is honestly a joke specs-wise with the serious potential to hold gaming back on the Xbox/PC side of things.
This is misinformation, the series S will perform the same as the Series X, but at a lower resolution. It’s still Zen 2 and RDNA 2.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1457 posts
1196 upvotes
Orleans, ON
DFS 360 wrote: This is misinformation, the series S will perform the same as the Series X, but at a lower resolution. It’s still Zen 2 and RDNA 2.
Wouldn't the lower CPU clock speed and way less RASM make a difference though?

I'd be surprised if the series X doesn't load faster than the series S, but I think both will load fast regardless. Certainly faster than the Xbox One in any variation.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1256 posts
891 upvotes
Ottawa
DFS 360 wrote: This is misinformation, the series S will perform the same as the Series X, but at a lower resolution. It’s still Zen 2 and RDNA 2.
Agreed.

There are probably better comparison sites, but this was the first thing that Google spat out: https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... 16ad5b6354

No game disks though, which sort of sucks. Then again, so many of us have Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate (now w/ EA Play) for $1 extra a month, so... Series S, might still be tempting.
Nov 26, 2014
24 posts
10 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Honestly, the best suggestion for someone looking to get into 4k gaming this winter would be a used Xbox one X with gamepass ultimate. I see One X's selling for less than 300 on Kijiji right now. If the $1 trick for gamepass still works, you could realistically get an Xbox one X with 2 years of gamepass for under 400. Incredible
Oct 23, 2012
420 posts
200 upvotes
Brampton
These trade in promos are pretty good, but I don't think I can survive trading in my console and having no console to use for 6 weeks. I hope there are trade in promos a week before console launches
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
9107 posts
10583 upvotes
Toronto
bigfun3 wrote: These trade in promos are pretty good, but I don't think I can survive trading in my console and having no console to use for 6 weeks. I hope there are trade in promos a week before console launches
What's the actual amount they are bumping up? Maybe it's really only $20-30 and so it would be worth it to keep it until next gen launches.
Nov 3, 2013
802 posts
1419 upvotes
Regina, SK
k847848 wrote: Ok but why are you calling the person you sold it for $350 an idiot?
I'm guessing you've never tried to sell anything. I'm not calling the buyer an idiot. I'm talking about all the people who constantly lowball. Or my personal favourite. "Hey, can I pay you $200 on Wednesday and then the rest on my payday?"
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2079 posts
1380 upvotes
Durham
9394 wrote: What's the actual amount they are bumping up? Maybe it's really only $20-30 and so it would be worth it to keep it until next gen launches.
This is why I'm just pre-ordering from BB as I can't get in store. And on launch, if EB has anything then, I will do a trade and cancel/return the BB pre-order. The bump isn't worth the hassle to line up on a work day.
Dec 13, 2016
113 posts
119 upvotes
New-Brunswick
I have a 120 inch screen running on a 1080p projector, I don’t see myself buying a 4k projector in the near future.

Couple Xbox question

1. Does my 2 remote on the Xbox one S will be 100% compatible with the Xbox série S for future game?

2. Understanding that the storage extension card are gonna be super expensive (219.00$ us) I will stick with the 500g ssd included with it and use my old hard drive for my old games. I’m just worry that having game like at 200gb now what is 500gb gonna be in 3-4 year time.. most likely not enough so it will be good to store just one or 2 game at the time..

3. They said 120 FPS on both platform, but both series have différant video card. Is the better video card only better to upscale to 4k? Am I supposed to have a similar experiance with series s on 1080p and series x on 4k. I’m wandering if in a couple year time I’m gonna have to upgrade to série x because it won’t be strong enough for newer game.

4. Series s don’t have a disk drive but most of my game are digital anyway. So this don’t mater to me.

For theses reasons should I buy the série x from start even tough I don’t have 4k display or will I have a similar experience with the series S.
Images
  • image.jpg
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16049 posts
7668 upvotes
London
MarcAndreB875172 wrote: I have a 120 inch screen running on a 1080p projector, I don’t see myself buying a 4k projector in the near future.

Couple Xbox question

1. Does my 2 remote on the Xbox one S will be 100% compatible with the Xbox série S for future game?

2. Understanding that the storage extension card are gonna be super expensive (219.00$ us) I will stick with the 500g ssd included with it and use my old hard drive for my old games. I’m just worry that having game like at 200gb now what is 500gb gonna be in 3-4 year time.. most likely not enough so it will be good to store just one or 2 game at the time..

3. They said 120 FPS on both platform, but both series have différant video card. Is the better video card only better to upscale to 4k? Am I supposed to have a similar experiance with series s on 1080p and series x on 4k. I’m wandering if in a couple year time I’m gonna have to upgrade to série x because it won’t be strong enough for newer game.

4. Series s don’t have a disk drive but most of my game are digital anyway. So this don’t mater to me.

For theses reasons should I buy the série x from start even tough I don’t have 4k display or will I have a similar experience with the series S.
You will have the same experience on Series S as on Series X on your setup

AFAIK you can hook any external storage up to either console to expand the built in storage. If you don't use an SSD though, you won't see the benefits of faster load times.
Jul 16, 2018
54 posts
13 upvotes
MarcAndreB875172 wrote: I have a 120 inch screen running on a 1080p projector, I don’t see myself buying a 4k projector in the near future.

Couple Xbox question

I'm in the exact same boat. I have a projector that is pretty mediocre quality.. but its 140 inches, so i enjoy it.

I'm getting the Xbox series s for that screen, but than a PS5 for my 4k screen upstairs.

Its a win-win
Oct 23, 2012
420 posts
200 upvotes
Brampton
9394 wrote: What's the actual amount they are bumping up? Maybe it's really only $20-30 and so it would be worth it to keep it until next gen launches.
I believe for this promo they're bumping it by $85 because if you go to EB games today trade in value they usually want $185 for xbox one x.
Jun 16, 2008
958 posts
997 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: You will have the same experience on Series S as on Series X on your setup

AFAIK you can hook any external storage up to either console to expand the built in storage. If you don't use an SSD though, you won't see the benefits of faster load times.
Next gen games HAVE to play off the SSD. You’re fine to play Xbox One/360/OG off a traditional external HD but any new games will require you to move them to the internal SSD before they’ll launch.

MS will be offering a 1TB SSD that you can add that will increase your next-gen storage, but no idea how much it will be yet.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1194 posts
3359 upvotes
cazzo1980 wrote: I don't think so. Someone else can chime in as well.
So am I missing something here? Why would you trade in your current gen console now, to pick up the new one in almost 2 months?
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2574 posts
1033 upvotes
Richmond, ON
scottmg wrote: So am I missing something here? Why would you trade in your current gen console now, to pick up the new one in almost 2 months?
that's how the EB promo works. I have been told 2 different things, but someone also confirmed on here as well.

Will see in an hour or so. @Watchdogz is currently in line, he will provide info.
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1236 posts
1804 upvotes
Toronto
These trade in promos are stupid unless they allowed you to pre order now and then trade your system upon release date. No way I am trading my One X or selling on kijini now and not having a system for 6 weeks. Especially in a pandemic, where i find i game more
Nov 30, 2019
462 posts
424 upvotes
Ah crud. I'll be missing these pre orders unfortunately
Going to have to wait for the next wave or cross my fingers for a launch day box
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1114 posts
1217 upvotes
5Bs4a25c wrote: Honestly, the best suggestion for someone looking to get into 4k gaming this winter would be a used Xbox one X with gamepass ultimate. I see One X's selling for less than 300 on Kijiji right now. If the $1 trick for gamepass still works, you could realistically get an Xbox one X with 2 years of gamepass for under 400. Incredible
The Series S is $380 and can play everything the X can plus has future compatibility. So unless you are only really looking to play this previous gens game library and can manage to get a One X for $280 or less I would not recommend getting it over the Series S... this isn't even taking things like warranty into consideration which you'd get a year of with a new Series S compared to a used One X. Also the Series S is going to have vastly superior loading times..

The one downside for the Series S is the storage space...