Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1873 posts
1176 upvotes

Upcoming Canada post strike

I write about 15-20 cheques a week. I've never dealt with a post strike, so what are you all planning to do?
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2010
1165 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
can't you do email transfer during this phrase?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16727 posts
6955 upvotes
djpr wrote: I write about 15-20 cheques a week. I've never dealt with a post strike, so what are you all planning to do?
In the past mail has sat until the lockout / strike is over. So you may want to find another way to deliver your cheques. If they are just within the city you can always enlist a local courier, which will be cheaper than the big couriers but not cheaper than Canada Post lettermail.

I'm assuming you cannot do electronic delivery - otherwise you already would have.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1873 posts
1176 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: In the past mail has sat until the lockout / strike is over. So you may want to find another way to deliver your cheques. If they are just within the city you can always enlist a local courier, which will be cheaper than the big couriers but not cheaper than Canada Post lettermail.

I'm assuming you cannot do electronic delivery - otherwise you already would have.
I can, but my suppliers are never the same. Long term it is the only thing that makes sense though.

I will have to sign up for RBC account as TD does not offer direct deposits.
Banned
Jun 28, 2016
54 posts
6 upvotes
This is how this small Chinese tour company takes payments from its clients.

You can probably do it in the REVERSE order as you are paying out :) . Make sure you get the proper account details , email ids etc of your suppliers. Yeah looks like RBC is the way to go.

Option 1 : RBC Bank Transfer

If you have a/c in RBC bank, this is the easiest way, no service charge.
Make ONLINE banking Transfer at RBC pay bills section, choose "pay to other Royal bank customer", then input below info:
A/C Name:ShengNuo Tours A/C Number:01334--1010636

Option 2: In Any RBC Bank Branch.
Even If you do not have any a/c in RBC bank, you may still go to any RBC branch Counter to make a deposit to us at no service charge.
Call us immediately after you make the banking Transfer.
A/C Name:ShengNuo Tours A/C Number:01334--1010636

Option 3 : Interac E- Transfer
If you open on line banking inTD, BMO, CIBC, SCOTIA, RBC, PC, ING, NATIONAL, MANULIFE, ATB, HSBC ,1Q
you may go to your bank's website and use the serive of Interac E- Transfer (Previously called Email Money Transfer)
Recipients: ShengNuo, E-mail : Sheng_Nuo@yahoo.ca
(Leave your name, telephone no. , trip name and date in message)
call us immediately after you finish the transaction, notify your security question and answer to us.

Option 4: Paypal

PayPal
Paypal charge us high service charge , so plsease add 3% in addition to your tour cost.

E-mail : Sheng_Nuo@yahoo.ca