Upcoming changes on multiple BMO products (effective May 5th 2021)
The current $1 in travel = 140 points will be increased to 150 points.
Credit card return after devaluation:
- BMO WEMC:
- BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite (Privileges):
- BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite (10% supplementary card bonus):
- BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege (25% supplementary card bonus):
Bank Unlimited Plan: (grandfathered, original deal link on RFD: free-unlimited-bank-account-new-customers-only-2085669/)
I just confirmed this sad news from a BMO supervisor. See below:
- BankUP will be switched to the Performance plan.
- Credit card rebate will be reduced to maximum $40 per year.
- Rebate is for MC only (BMO Eclipse Visa Infinite is one of the eligible cards under the current Performance plan, so we don't know if this is true or not).
- Letter of changes will be mailed out in March.
BMO Cash Back WEMC: https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... C1-SJBMO14
1.5% CB on everything becomes:
- 5% on groceries (up to $500/month)
- 4% on transit, including ride sharing, taxis and public transit (up to $300/month)
- 3% on gas and electric vehicle charging (up to $300/month)
- 2% on recurring bill payments (up to $500/month)
- 1% unlimited cashback on all other purchases
BMO Air Miles WEMC: https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/credi ... C4-SJBMO16
1 AM per 10$ changes to:
- 3 Miles for every $12 spent at participating AIR MILES Partners
- 1 Mile for every $12 spent everywhere else
- The two annual complementary passes will no longer be provided.
Any thoughts, RFDers? Are you going to cancel your BMO VISA/MC/BankUP? To be honest, I have never seen a big bank devaluing products that frequently. What will be your strategy moving forward if you decide to cancel?
🎁 Moola: 25% bonus on everyday essentials (Walmart, Esso and Uber Eats)
💳 Credit card combo (2.5 - 10% return): AmEx + Scotiabank + CIBC