• Jun 28th, 2010 1:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6369 posts
1018 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Watching CP24. I wonder if the police/government knows how bad they are looking right now.

Where were they would the really anarchist were trashing Queen St. yesterday? And now they are pouring into Spadina/Queen and just detaining EVERYBODY! These people has done nothing wrong except for just walking down the street. The black block and the real rioters are long gone. The summit is over.

Is this how they are justifying the 1 billion expense?

They are arresting people for talking on the phone and taking pictures. Unbelievable.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
2884 posts
31 upvotes
It's over and yet the idiots remain..

Ahh well, law and order wins again, and this will all fade into the background within a week or two.
The wonderous minds of some RFDers:
nx2k wrote: so let me get this straight
if you did the crime, you should do the time?
Apr 10, 2009
691 posts
113 upvotes
number8888 wrote: Watching CP24. I wonder if the police/government knows how bad they are looking right now.

Where were they would the really anarchist were trashing Queen St. yesterday? And now they are pouring into Spadina/Queen and just detaining EVERYBODY! These people has done nothing wrong except for just walking down the street. The black block and the real rioters are long gone. The summit is over.

Is this how they are justifying the 1 billion expense?

They are arresting people for talking on the phone and taking pictures. Unbelievable.

Very bad situation... something tells me there's more going on though since they're being all tight lipped about it. Still sucks for all those people caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

EDIT: Yep... something about some "operational decision" made on the ground...
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14059 posts
2505 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote: Well, here's a guy who will defend our "freedoms".
You are within your rights to protest, but you also have to acknowledge when police ask you to move. If you defy them then you face the consequences. You can stay there and protest but if anything happens, don't whine like a girl saying that you got hurt.

You can't have it both ways.

Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Deal Addict
May 3, 2006
2505 posts
40 upvotes
Milton
police>rioters/protesters... never forget it!
Banned
Nov 8, 2009
327 posts
5 upvotes
Jaska
konfusion666 wrote: anyone see this yet?
video of someone claiming to out some undercover cops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r-6cnGk ... r_embedded
Hints
1. Rough up the backpack and bandana - it looks like you just bought it
2. Grow some stubble - how many black bloc protesters have that clean of a shave
3. If you have a cop hair-cut then wear a wig under your hat
kennyhohoho wrote: G20 Protests: More white trash in one place than a trailer park.
Is that now rather racist? By the way, was it not the whites that created this country that everyone wants to flock to these days?
ShopSmart wrote: The police HAD TO instigate violence and get the public scared otherwise they would have skewered by the public over the billion dollar security expenses if the G20 was peaceful.

They WANTED this to happen. They wanted to make arrests. They wanted the confrontations because they HAVE TO JUSTIFY your tax dollars going straight into the pockets of the police unions and security companies.
+1
party rocker wrote: Harper probably hired those black bloc peeps lol
+1

We are not that dumb! If the violence was not staged/paid for, then it was allowed to happen to justify the expense.

I was downtown this afternoon doing the "tourist/rubbernecker" thing and must say that the reality of the event was FAR MORE BORING than the media makes it out to be.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1166 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Harper picked Toronto deliberately for this.
They knew in advance that this type of vandalism would happen (regardless of the city) but he is weak in Ontario and especially Toronto. By fear mongering over the TV and heavy police presence, he is trying to cash in on votes for the upcoming municipal, provincial and even general elections.
All the negative bill is now given to Miller and Harper will reap the benefits of this. In the worst case I tell you upfront they will pass more legislation for 'more security'.
This formula worked for French president Sarkozy. From an obsecure mayor he climbed to prediceny through street violence.

If this G8-G20 is good for the economy of the hosting city why did he not elect his beloved western Canada cities for this?

It is all political regardless how you put it?

Is anybody watching CP24?
Banned
Nov 8, 2009
327 posts
5 upvotes
Jaska
EXCELLENT article!

http://www.thestar.com/news/globalvoice ... -s-message

Key points

Across the road, the police stood silent in ranks as the black-shrouded group passed on.

For the $1.2 billion the country spent on security, we saw very little protecting Toronto itself. This small group completely hijacked the peaceful message of the Saturday’s demonstration. The police did little to stop them. In the wake of their damage, the only people picking up the pieces were the street medics.

This is not a day to be proud of. All sides – police, protesters, politicians – have reason to hang their heads. There is no way to justify the actions of those who set out to cause destruction. At the same time, the lack of police presence in protecting the city and its citizens was hard to justify.

It’s a sad day when a small group of violent people can steal the day’s message. It’s sad too when a few officers use too much force.
Jul 23, 2009
408 posts
1 upvote
Mistro wrote: Very bad situation... something tells me there's more going on though since they're being all tight lipped about it. Still sucks for all those people caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

EDIT: Yep... something about some "operational decision" made on the ground...
So, let's get this straight, yesterday, we wanted these "protesters" who were destroying the streets off of them. Now, the police are taking a more proactive approach, blocking off the streets to prevent this from happening again. Oh, no, we want democracy back. People can't have it both ways, and if you don't want to get involved in this, don't walk your ****ing dogs around a place that's in turmoil. I'm getting sick of these "reporters" on CP24 attacking the police that has to put up with all the BS that's been placed upon them.

To be honest, I'm glad at what the TPS are doing, cause today, there hasn't been much damage to city streets like last time, and most of those anarchists have been arrested. I didn't step a foot in downtown because I didn't want to be involved in that crap. More people should've followed suit.
Aug 10, 2007
389 posts
3 upvotes
Canada
"If you come back this way we will put your face in the concrete" did anyone else just hear this from one of the commanders on cp24 that they were talking about?
Apr 10, 2009
691 posts
113 upvotes
ALBGunner04 wrote: So, let's get this straight, yesterday, we wanted these "protesters" who were destroying the streets off of them. Now, the police are taking a more proactive approach, blocking off the streets to prevent this from happening again. Oh, no, we want democracy back. People can't have it both ways, and if you don't want to get involved in this, don't walk your ****ing dogs around a place that's in turmoil. I'm getting sick of these "reporters" on CP24 attacking the police that has to put up with all the BS that's been placed upon them.

To be honest, I'm glad at what the TPS are doing, cause today, there hasn't been much damage to city streets like last time, and most of those anarchists have been arrested. I didn't step a foot in downtown because I didn't want to be involved in that crap. More people should've followed suit.
I meant very bad in terms of optics ;) Until they make an official statement on this, people will naturally be confused and some outraged.

I'm pretty sure all these "bad place bad time" people were just too curious. I personally don't think it takes someone too smart to realize that when cops close in it's time to head out. even the rioters are smart enough to realize that lol
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17563 posts
1115 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
ALBGunner04 wrote: So, let's get this straight, yesterday, we wanted these "protesters" who were destroying the streets off of them. Now, the police are taking a more proactive approach, blocking off the streets to prevent this from happening again. Oh, no, we want democracy back. People can't have it both ways, and if you don't want to get involved in this, don't walk your ****ing dogs around a place that's in turmoil. I'm getting sick of these "reporters" on CP24 attacking the police that has to put up with all the BS that's been placed upon them.

You need to get with the program. The Black Bloc was active yesterday, they disappeared today (or maybe they all got arrested). Today it was hippies for the most part. Take 5 minutes to compare the videos from today with the ones from yesterday, instead of making assumptions.

I do love this though:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/06/27/12572/

tee-hee ;)
Jul 23, 2009
408 posts
1 upvote
konfusion666 wrote: You need to get with the program. The Black Bloc was active yesterday, they disappeared today (or maybe they all got arrested). Today it was hippies for the most part. Take 5 minutes to compare the videos from today with the ones from yesterday, instead of making assumptions.

I do love this though:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/06/27/12572/

tee-hee ;)
Exactly. They were all arrested or decided not to show up. Why? Because the police presence was strong. If police weakened their presence, there would've definitely been violent protesters returning. They didn't want to take this chance, because if they let what happened yesterday happen today, they would have an even bigger mess on their hands. Either way, when it comes to the public, the police will always have a negative image in their eyes.

There's currently a woman on CP24 talking about how she was arrested. I'd like to tell her: You knew the consequences of going to a G20 protest.

Also, a lot of these stories are BS. Anyone listen to one of the guys who talked to CP24 a couple of hours ago who worked for a youth magazine? He said: "The police beat us." The CP24 reporter had to explain how she never saw any of this and that it was probably BS.
Banned
Oct 11, 2005
3950 posts
34 upvotes
watching cp24 right now, they are interviewing a girl who got out of the detention
- say mostly male guards inside and women prisoners
- male guards call them rats and stare at them when they pee
- 3 cups of water only (she was there for 22 hours)
- she was let go and wasnt charge anything
Jul 23, 2009
408 posts
1 upvote
TechRock wrote: watching cp24 right now, they are interviewing a girl who got out of the detention
- say mostly male guards inside and women prisoners
- male guards call them rats and stare at them when they pee
- 3 cups of water only (she was there for 22 hours)
- she was let go and wasnt charge anything
And you believe her? Obviously if she was imprisoned and she was protesting against "the man" she would obviously be inclined to lie on live television.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)