• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 2:19 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Update navigation on 2013 C300

Ok so pardon me if this questions been asked before, but I can't seem to find it in this forum. I bought this MB 2 years ago, and it seems the maps are really old on the GPS Navi. I've been to MB dealership and they wanted $250 to update the navigation system to the latest road maps/streets/POI. I know what you guys are going to say and I feel I'm going to have downvote's in this thread, but yes, I can use my phone and use navigation or buy an external navigation like garmin or tomtom. But I just want it updated for the worst case scenerio, like if my phones battery dies or I somehow, out of the blue, lost my phone and I need to get back home, i'd love to have an updated navigation system in my car.

So which brings me to my question, is there a way to update this navigation system VIA usb/software without taking it to the dealership?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
10 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
If you are lost and your phone dies and need to get back home, your out of date GPS will take you there.

Have you tried posting in a Mercedes forum instead? You will likely get way more responses than posting here, not necessarily a solution, but much better exposure.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
booblehead wrote: $250 is about the right price if done by dealer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2016-Merc ... 3740473694

or buy from ebay or amazon. After taxes, delivery and foreign exchange conversion, you may not be better off than doing right out at the dealer.
Thanks for the info.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Feb 8, 2010
626 posts
574 upvotes
lamboman wrote: ...$250 to update the navigation system to the latest road maps/streets/POI.
Even after the update roads and POIs are still quite outdated.... Navteq/Nokia maps Confused Face
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
billy_z wrote: Even after the update roads and POIs are still quite outdated.... Navteq/Nokia maps Confused Face
I also have heard the map are not very up to date even after updated. My friends was a different model but I think they all share similar data?
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1983 posts
794 upvotes
Kitchener
Not sure what your concern is... if your really concerned about the worst case scenario then the GPS you have will bring you home, it may take longer since its not updated and aware of new streets/routes, etc but in the end you'll get home. It would be very rare that your old GPS would have a road in it that no longer exists vs the opposite scenario which just means you'll take longer.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
Cucumference wrote: I also have heard the map are not very up to date even after updated. My friends was a different model but I think they all share similar data?
With the speed at which new roads and neighborhoods are being developed, it is near impossible to be "up to date". An annual update is often the best that can be done and even then, it is not "current".
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
2126 posts
1449 upvotes
Durham
If you get a 2019 update, it will be a year old. Pointless to pay to update these things.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)