• Jul 21st, 2020 3:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6386 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal

Update Photo Opus Card About to Expire

My Opus card with photo expires at the end of July. My wife's expires at the end of August.
I went to the same metro station that I used 6 years ago but they said I now need to go to the Photo Studio at Berri-UQAM to do it.
However, stm.info says the Photo Studio is closed during the COVID-19 time. However, a lot of services have reopened in QC and the web site might be out-of-date.

I tried calling them and after being kept on hold for about 45 minutes by an automatic operator, I hung up.
I sent an email this afternoon to the contact info on the site but haven't received a response. yet

Has anyone tried to do this since COVID-19? Does anyone know what's going on?
Phils
12 replies
Nov 13, 2016
380 posts
404 upvotes
Montreal
Why on earth is this on hot deals section?
I spent and earn with Koodo, Fido, AmEx etc | Sharing is Caring ;)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6386 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal
It's in Travel/Bus
Phils
Banned
Mar 15, 2007
120 posts
33 upvotes
What is a Opus Card with photo??
Some kind of travel card??
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6386 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone?
Phils
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36347 posts
10586 upvotes
Ottawa
Phils wrote: Anyone?
Have you called Montreal Metro to get the proper answer??
I would think that would be the first place to check.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
2273 posts
2317 upvotes
Montréal
The stm.info site is pretty well updated and, as it says, all customer services are temporarily suspended nothing has changed. Their twitter @stminfo is usually fairly responsive to stuff like this I would give that a shot.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6386 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal
Pete_Coach wrote: Have you called Montreal Metro to get the proper answer??
I would think that would be the first place to check.
I gave up after being placed on hold by an automatic receptionist for 45 minutes.

I just posted something in the Twitter feed per admiralackbar so maybe that'll help.
Phils
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36347 posts
10586 upvotes
Ottawa
Phils wrote: I gave up after being placed on hold by an automatic receptionist for 45 minutes.

I just posted something in the Twitter feed per admiralackbar so maybe that'll help.
45 minutes...well, you posted on July 3 and today is July 5...you could have hung on the phone for that time too LOL
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6386 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal
So true. I posted on July 3rd after giving up on phoning and getting conflicting info from the STM guy at the du College metro station and what the website says.
I'm just hoping that the website is out-of-date.

The cooker is that I have rides that will expire at the end of the month. I would normally just take the metro to Berri and go from there but I prefer to avoid public transit these days if I can. If I do use public transport and the photo studio ends up being closed then it was a waste of time and a risk for nothing. Also, my wife's card expires at the end of August so we actually have two birds to kill.
Phils
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6386 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal
So Twitter was the answer. Thx admiralackbar.

They recommended calling to make an appointment but yesterday when I tried, all I would get is static on the line once I got past the automatic attendant. Eventually the line would simply hang up. So, via Twitter, I told them about this and yesterday evening the line worked properly again.

As it happens, the STM Photo Studio is closed due to COVID-19 but they have a 3rd party company downtown doing that task for them at the moment. I spoke to a CSR who was ready to give me an appointment right away but instead recommended waiting for about a week as the STM services in the various metro stations are planned to reopen by mid-July. That way I can do it nearby without having to go downtown. Should they not reopen by then, I can get an appointment with little delay.

So that's what I'm doing.
Phils
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6386 posts
1535 upvotes
Montreal
The service centers reopened on July 13th just like the guy said they would. Renewed my wife's and my Opus card this morning at Cote Vertu.
Phils