• Sep 1st, 2019 11:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16412 posts
2805 upvotes
GTA

Updated Win 10 to 1903 and background won't change

When I first moved to Windows 10, I was really annoyed that it kept changing my background automatically. I recently learned this was called Windows Spotlight, at least for the lock screen. For me, the background for both my lock screen and desktop would change every now and then and as annoying as I was originally, I have grown to love it and look forward to my computer showing me different scenery around the world.

I updated to 1903 this week and my desktop background is now a lightened version of the windows 10 default background. I've been searching for 2 days online and there are posts from 2016-2018 about all the manual things you can do to make your desktop background use images from the lock screen background. i don't get ittt... how do i get it to work the way it did again??
4 replies
Aug 1, 2018
106 posts
72 upvotes
S/W, Ontario
Right Click on your Desktop, Select Personalise... There you will be able to change your Background Picture... Also the Theme, Colour Preferences, Logon Picture and so on.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7884 posts
4516 upvotes
Alberta
NewsyL wrote: I've had this often enough with various versions of Windows 10.

Every time it comes down to the same fix - the files in step 4 (Spotlight folders) have to be deleted.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/821 ... -10-a.html

Mine is the same, it used to change but not anymore. I've tried the above link many times and tried every fix on the Internet and nothing works. Sometimes I can get it to change once or twice but that's about it and then it quits changing. I've basically gave up wasting my time trying to fix this Spotlight Search POS.
Aug 1, 2018
106 posts
72 upvotes
S/W, Ontario
OP, try this YouTube video hope it helps..