Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1478 posts
2838 upvotes
s'toon

UPExpress fare Toronto

Anyone from TO experts on using the UPEx?
Online site doesnt talk about anything on how to use an e-ticket.
https://www.upexpress.com/

Could i buy an online ticket one way from union to pearson, and reuse that ticket within 4 hours?

could i theoretically go back and forth 4 times (25 mins from union to pearson back and forth) with that same ticket?

tia
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1630 posts
2939 upvotes
Berczy Park
You can do a round trip for 12.35 and return within 4 hours of leaving for YYZ but then would have to buy another return fare. It's called the Meeter and Greeter return fare.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1478 posts
2838 upvotes
s'toon
donttoewsmebro wrote: You can do a round trip for 12.35 and return within 4 hours of leaving for YYZ but then would have to buy another return fare. It's called the Meeter and Greeter return fare.
do they then just trust the commuter? what if the commuter shows the exact same e-ticket going back?
or does the e-ticket show the time and destination?

or is there a machine to scan the e-ticket?
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10293 posts
3473 upvotes
Seanne wrote: do they then just trust the commuter? what if the commuter shows the exact same e-ticket going back?
or does the e-ticket show the time and destination?

or is there a machine to scan the e-ticket?
Tickets are scanned/ tapped. There is routine fare inspection on every train.

Why do you feel the need to steal from public transit? Could just run from a taxi once you get downtown.
Autocorrect sucks
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1478 posts
2838 upvotes
s'toon
GangStarr wrote: Tickets are scanned/ tapped. There is routine fare inspection on every train.

Why do you feel the need to steal from public transit? Could just run from a taxi once you get downtown.
lol, thanks. i dont "feel the need", just needed clarification on how the e-tickets work.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1526 posts
2242 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: Tickets are scanned/ tapped. There is routine fare inspection on every train.
+1
Key word above is routine. It is not a “random” check/selection.
Every time I’ve used it there is always someone going from top to bottom of train scanning every person’s ticket inside.