Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 is back

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2019 4:42 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2009
1413 posts
630 upvotes

Upgrade to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1 is back

Upgrading for a buck seems to be back
In the past, Microsoft has offered a $1 CAD deal for users who sign up to try Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Now, with a new system in place, users who sign up for that deal will get the remaining years, month or days of Xbox Live Gold on their account converted to Game Pass Ultimate for the cost of that single dollar.

Read more at MobileSyrup.com: Save $155 per year off Xbox Game Pass Ultimate with this deal/quote]

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/07/18/xbox ... deal-sale/

Don't have Live myself but know some people missed the old deal
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
2517 posts
896 upvotes
Can anyone verify that if the instructions in the summary of the last giant thread still works (meaning getting the bonus months and whatnot?)
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1408 posts
830 upvotes
Ajax
Raimond wrote: Can anyone verify that if the instructions in the summary of the last giant thread still works (meaning getting the bonus months and whatnot?)
Yes it works..follow instructions to a T and it will work.
Nov 18, 2015
91 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto, ON
covabwoy wrote: Yes it works..follow instructions to a T and it will work.
What about those of us w/o a costco membership?
Dec 13, 2009
659 posts
273 upvotes
North Bay
Did it leave? J/K Thx OP!

I have the Microsoft Rewards points needed to get a 12 month gold
redemption but it seems like that reward has been gone from the store
now for months? Hopefully it comes back so I can use it for this deal...
Mar 7, 2019
383 posts
483 upvotes
Is there any way to add on more months to this? I added a year of live and got the game pass until May 2021. Wondering if I can add on anymore
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
RFDGuy123 wrote: Is there any way to add on more months to this? I added a year of live and got the game pass until May 2021. Wondering if I can add on anymore
I am pretty darn sure the answer to this is no but can others please chime in here and make sure I got this right. Thanks.
Jan 16, 2011
28 posts
14 upvotes
Deal seems dead, it's not working for me now. Yesterday i had the 1$ promo but now i only have a 16.99$/month. Not cool, i exchanged MS points for this + bought a 12 month of xbox live gold...
Nov 21, 2018
333 posts
207 upvotes
RFDGuy123 wrote: Is there any way to add on more months to this? I added a year of live and got the game pass until May 2021. Wondering if I can add on anymore
I think there is a way to cancel it if you contact microsoft. Not sure how it affects the deal or already paid for services. Could be worth it though if you want 3 years
Jan 11, 2018
203 posts
283 upvotes
GTA
The max you can get for GPU is 36 months. But you got to have gold live fist before converting for $1
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1310 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
Window1986 wrote: What about those of us w/o a costco membership?
Costco membership isn't a requirement for this deal.
You can buy your Gold membership from whatever retailer you want.
Nov 18, 2015
91 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Except Costco has the best price for it. So Yea.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4451 posts
2016 upvotes
Scarborough
Can someone gimme a rundown on what and how to do this please? Thanks
Feb 14, 2017
195 posts
194 upvotes
La Prairie, QC
lozdude1 wrote: Deal seems dead, it's not working for me now. Yesterday i had the 1$ promo but now i only have a 16.99$/month. Not cool, i exchanged MS points for this + bought a 12 month of xbox live gold...
If you are in Québec, you'll have to pay 16.99$ once to convert your membership. Only Québec and Russia are excluded from the offer.
Dec 28, 2005
470 posts
145 upvotes
Microsoft has now a "how-to" on how to get the deal on their own article Face With Tears Of Joy

At the bottom of https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/07/17/ ... -ultimate/
Start at your main Microsoft account page.
Go to the “Services and Subscriptions” tab at the top of the page — this will show which subscriptions you currently have on your account.
Before applying the “one month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1” deal to your account, extend your Xbox Live Gold subscription by buying additional months.
You can get 12 months of Live Gold for $59.99 or go a la carte for $9.99 per month (for the non-math fans, that means you’ll save 50% by going for a full year).
Now, once you’ve extended your Xbox Live Gold subscription to the desired length, it’s finally time to add the “one month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for $1” deal.
Once that deal is applied to your account, your Xbox Live Gold subscription will be converted to Game Pass Ultimate — and Game Pass Ultimate will be available for the length of your Live Gold subscription.