• Oct 8th, 2019 9:55 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14659 posts
4769 upvotes
Montreal

Upgraded Phone on Koodo on Aug 27, Still Have 14-day Lock on New Plan

Called up Koodo about a tech problem to do with all their "new account limits" and as the title stats, I upgraded to a new iPhone on Aug 27, approximately 36 days ago, yet my account is still locked for plans.

When I go to my account (on phone, PC. laptop, etc. on multiple browsers) and go to my number, then click "View Rate Plan" and then "Change My Plan" is immediately locks me out with a big Orange Pop-up Window stating:

"You can't change your plan or add-ons within 14 days of activating or upgrading your phone. Please try again after the 14 day period is over."

Obviously the 14-day lock is not expiring correctly, but I wondered if this same bug is affecting anyone else who recently bought a new phone and is past the 14-day waiting period?

Again, go to your Koodo account that recently upgraded to a new phone
Click "View Rate Plan"
Then Click "Change My Plan"
koodo_lock.jpg
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
8 replies
Sep 26, 2016
13 posts
33 upvotes
I also replied to your similar post in the shutdown thread, but I upgraded in mid-late August and had the exact same issue until late last week. It is definitely longer than 14 days, but resolved itself soon after my next (second) bill was actually paid (on autopay). Apparently it is common for this message to persist beyond 14 days, but it should go away after 1 or 2 full billing cycles.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20434 posts
8472 upvotes
Toronto
With the new terms on phone purchases, it won't matter if this doesn't resolve itself until month 24. Disturb the contract and all the phone credits become due immediately.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21788 posts
3057 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting, getting the same thing.

Upgraded 3 lines to the XR in early Sept and it's approaching more than 30 days.

Not really looking to change my plan but noticed one line doesn't have VOLTE on it....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14659 posts
4769 upvotes
Montreal
will888 wrote: With the new terms on phone purchases, it won't matter if this doesn't resolve itself until month 24. Disturb the contract and all the phone credits become due immediately.
I wasn't looking to drop a tier, just see what promos might be available for $5-$10 more.

And yes, I know Koodo is the devil and needs to burn in hell.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20434 posts
8472 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote: I wasn't looking to drop a tier, just see what promos might be available for $5-$10 more.

And yes, I know Koodo is the devil and needs to burn in hell.
I have a suggestion for breaking the grid lock. If your plan is not so good, just port out.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, EQ Bank, Simplii
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14659 posts
4769 upvotes
Montreal
will888 wrote: I have a suggestion for breaking the grid lock. If your plan is not so good, just port out.
Obviously I got jacked into a new phone (with negative benefits) at the end of August, so that really isn't an option with Koodo-Lucifer.
I upgraded to a new iPhone on Aug 27, approximately 36 days ago, yet my account is still locked for plans.
Now with the start date and all the BS Koodo pulled with their "new 2-year contracts" I could probably fight it, but I just don't have the time or patience right now. I have filed with the CRTC and complained to the CCTS/ombudsman, but you know how that goes, as they're all corporate lapdogs pretending to be customer advocates.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1030 posts
385 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I have the same issue. I right click on manage add ons and choose open in new tab. Works for me. This is a glitch they've known about for awhile but haven't apparently done anything.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14659 posts
4769 upvotes
Montreal
ahumanbeing wrote: I have the same issue. I right click on manage add ons and choose open in new tab. Works for me. This is a glitch they've known about for awhile but haven't apparently done anything.
I know, as a bunch of us called in here, different times and for different numbers, and each time the CSR said "Oh, this is the first time we've heard of this problem, are you sure you cleared your cache?" (like right from a script).

Koodo is the Devil.