Expired Hot Deals

UPPABABY Strollers -- Multiple USA Vendors -- 20%-35% off!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2018 6:52 pm
[OP]
Jan 2, 2011
460 posts
322 upvotes

UPPABABY Strollers -- Multiple USA Vendors -- 20%-35% off!

Price:
Savings:
20%
Hi RFD,

I thought I would post this for anyone looking to get one of the best reviewed stroller out there. It is substantially cheaper in the USA. If you can get it shipped to your mailbox in USA to save more that would be excellent. Some Vendors ship to Canada for a little more shipping fee.

Many of the retailers don't charge any Local State Sales tax! Which makes this deal even better.

We bought the UPPABABY Vista

You can get the Vista from these following retailers all starting at $672 depending on your colour!

http://www.pishposhbaby.com/
https://strolleria.com/
https://www.albeebaby.com/
https://www.amazon.com/
--- There might be more just look around

If you have an Amazon.Com Baby Registry and you are within 60 days of your Due Date you can also qualify for an additional 15% off!

In Canada the Stroller is $1249.99 = $1413 with HST

2 Options to save Money depending on how you can do it from least to most savings depending if you have an Amazon Baby Registy (Sign up now if you don't and you will get your 15% off coupon in 2 weeks if its still in stock and at that price)

1.) Buy stroller NOW from above retailers
= $672usd = $855cdn
= $558 savings

2.) You have your completion coupon available at Amazon.com! Lucky you!
= $672usd = $572usd = $728cdn
= 685 savings!

Significant savings. Hope this helps anyone who wanted this stroller but could never afford it or justify it's price!

NOTE: As pointed out below. Don't buy the carseat in USA. Buy it here. If you don't it might void your insurance policy and Canada has higher standards for car seats. They might not be the same.
Last edited by learsid on Feb 22nd, 2018 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
50 replies
Nov 8, 2006
190 posts
50 upvotes
Congratulations on the newborn!
The stroller may be a deal, but the car seat is not.
My wife and I were looking into getting car seat from the states and came across this. https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/road/c ... r_shopping

Unfortunately, even the car seat is identical, since it doesn't have that National Safety Mark, we can't use it here.
its nice to be important but more important to be nice.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2442 posts
1412 upvotes
Alliston, ON
Ya, you can't buy a car seat in the USA for use here. I'm looking for a infant car seat for our new baby and the prices are so much better south of the boarder, even the colour selection.
We did buy our City Select Lux stroller from strolleria.com and saved a lot of money
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5681 posts
2235 upvotes
Thornhill
There are lots of thing in life one can cheap out on, this is likely not a wise one to skimp on unless you're sure that the seats from the U.S meet Canadian seat standards as well. You're paying less because you're getting less. It's not actually just a safety sticker tax-grab in this case.

"While some Canadian provinces have lagged behind the United States when it comes to legislation, the news is not all bad, said Dr. Howard. Last week, Transport Canada announced tougher safety standards for car and booster seats after its own crash tests showed many failed to provide good protection for young children. When they come into effect in abut a month, they will be more stringent than the standards currently used in the U.S."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/pa ... cle570658/
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2611 posts
992 upvotes
Mississauga
And explain to insurance and police when your in an accident why your not in an Canadian approved car seat.... No thanks.

We did however get our uppababy from US in 2009.. need to put it on sale.
Sep 23, 2010
514 posts
1445 upvotes
T Dot
some people may think these are ridiculously expensive strollers (and I agree, they are) but you get what you pay for. we've had our uppababy vista for 4+ years now constantly in/out of cars and planes, up/down flights of subway stairs and it still goes like a dream, 'drives' great and turns on a dime. going through narrow store aisles are not an issue with this behemoth. it's like driving a big bmw or merc, still gets you place to place like a less expensive car but lots of higher end touches/finishes add up to a big difference
HoTiCE_ wrote: You guys are talking as if the US was a third world country despite their backwards gun control laws. Most UppaBaby/MESA models are identical on either side of the border. Just pick one that is the same model number and be done with it

We're not talking anything looking like this lol
Not my cup of tea but to each their own to determine the (potential) value of their children's lives vs money saved.
Note when flying with Air Canada and WestJet, they require the Transport Canada sticker that shows the seat has met Cdn safety standards, same picture in the links darlee and mimo86 posted.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 22nd, 2018 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quoted post was deleted
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1461 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
Thats why i said to pick exactly the same models not US-exclusive ones...
Sep 23, 2003
654 posts
204 upvotes
schade wrote: Ya, you can't buy a car seat in the USA for use here. I'm looking for a infant car seat for our new baby and the prices are so much better south of the boarder, even the colour selection.
We did buy our City Select Lux stroller from strolleria.com and saved a lot of money
i thought you can buy it from USA and use here as long as it has the CAN safety labels? might be wrong, never tried
Nov 8, 2006
190 posts
50 upvotes
HoTiCE_ wrote: Thats why i said to pick exactly the same models not US-exclusive ones...
Stroller is fine, it is the carseat that you can't get it from the states as it won't have that label
Images
  • upload.png
its nice to be important but more important to be nice.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1461 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
The few samples I saw when visiting a Walmart US (non uppa baby brand/model) had the Canadian sticker on them
Oct 27, 2005
340 posts
30 upvotes
We had our baby last year and the 2017 UB Cruz stroller was not yet out in Canada. We were going to purchase the 2017 one from the states but I remember reading somewhere that the warranty would apply to the country purchased in. That would mean that if anything went wrong, we would need to cross the border to get it fixed. We ended up buying the 2015 UB stroller instead as we were concerned about the warranty. Not sure if this is really the case but this is what I remember reading - might be something worth checking into.

We have used the warranty as we had an issue with the wheel and they sent us a replacement. We have been very happy with the stroller too.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3244 posts
994 upvotes
BC
We bought a uppababy Cruz last year off Craigslist for $400. It was the 2016 model and only lightly used. These strollers are awesome, but it might be worth checking out the used models if colour is not an issue with the spouse.

You’re going to be spending a fortune the next few years, might as well try to save while you can.
Jan 2, 2012
117 posts
33 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote: some people may think these are ridiculously expensive strollers (and I agree, they are) but you get what you pay for. we've had our uppababy vista for 4+ years now constantly in/out of cars and planes, up/down flights of subway stairs and it still goes like a dream, 'drives' great and turns on a dime. going through narrow store aisles are not an issue with this behemoth. it's like driving a big bmw or merc, still gets you place to place like a less expensive car but lots of higher end touches/finishes add up to a big difference
If you don't mind me asking, do you use any sort of bag for your vista for plane travel? We are contemplating taking it to SFO with us next month but I don't want it to get mangled when we gate check it.
Thanks!

I'm so tempted to buy the rumble seat for future baby number two :P Great find OP!
[OP]
Jan 2, 2011
460 posts
322 upvotes
Hi guys I amended Original Post to not buy the car seat in USA.
Apr 30, 2015
68 posts
6 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
My wife has been looking at this stroller for a while now and our baby is coming in June. i know Amazon.com will ship to Canada however the price is posted there without the discount:

Your text to link here...

anyone have details on how to setup a mail box in Buffalo? or have a better suggestion to get this stroller to Toronto?
Jun 4, 2012
52 posts
7 upvotes
We have been eyeing the vista for a while as well for upcoming baby. This is the best price I've seen for the 2017 model.
Just happened to be in the states visiting the in laws earlier this week so bought one from pishposhbaby. Was delivered within 2 days, highly recommend that store.
Feb 13, 2017
297 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
My friend ended up getting this. Thanks again!
Dec 20, 2010
60 posts
56 upvotes
toronto
you can use CBIUSA. They're right across the border and I think packages are $6usd each if you don't sign up for the annual unlimited packages. I believe there is also an account fee, but I'm not too sure. You do, however, need to bring an email/receipt with tracking to be able to pick up the package. If your proof of purchase doesn't have the tracking # that matches the box, they won't let you pick up.