• Jan 14th, 2022 7:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2113 posts
1919 upvotes
Ottawa

Uppababy Strollers Value

In case anyone is concerned about spending the money Uppababy wants for a stroller...

We bought a used Uppababy Cruz in 2018. It's a 2014 year old model and had been used for 2 kids before we picked it up. We're now on kid #2 with it. It's 8 years old and been off warranty for many years.

We were having an issue with part of the frame. The handle wasn't staying extended. We reached out to Uppababy for advice on how we might repair it.

Their solution was to send us a replacement frame, free of charge. We now effectively have a brand new stroller as the rest of it (upholstery, seat, etc) is still in really good condition.

So if you're worried about spending $800+ on an Uppbaby instead of <$500 on something else, consider their customer service if not the excellent quality of their strollers to begin with.
3 replies
Feb 14, 2005
781 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
Babyletto is another good brand. We bought a folding crib and it had a chemical smell that wouldn't dissipate. They advised us to wipe it down with dish detergent solution but the smell was still evident.

Subsequently they sent us a brand new folding crib and I didn't have to return the old one. I left the old one outside for two weeks and the smell went away, so it was kind of like Buy 1 get 1 free.

I find baby product manufacturers generally are very quick to respond with any issues that may affect the safety of their products, and for these expensive things, they make it relatively easy and cheaply to buy spare parts. The only exception that comes to mind is Diono and their car seats. I was quoted more than a new car seat to replace some the fabric and harness of an old RXT.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2113 posts
1919 upvotes
Ottawa
raxen wrote:
<snip>

I find baby product manufacturers generally are very quick to respond with any issues that may affect the safety of their products, and for these expensive things, they make it relatively easy and cheaply to buy spare parts. The only exception that comes to mind is Diono and their car seats. I was quoted more than a new car seat to replace some the fabric and harness of an old RXT.
Thule is the same. We recently bought a used 10 year old Chariot. There are a handful of pieces that are worn and need to be replaced. Thule still sells parts for the 10 year old Chariot.

$30 later and it's like new.
Oct 12, 2007
590 posts
329 upvotes
Vancouver
I actually got my Chicco stroller and car seat for free from Facebook Marketplace. Both in great condition.

The thing with baby stuff is that it's changing hands real fast that people just want to get rid of them from their house. And with car seat expiry and government's insistence that everyone buys new even though they are perfectly fine, not going to spend a dime on car seat when everyone is just throwing it away after a few years unless they are expecting. Car seats are just piling up the trash heap.