Shopping Discussion

UPS - C.O.D. package cannot be dropped off at Access Point?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2016 3:43 am
[OP]
May 7, 2010
503 posts
45 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario

UPS - C.O.D. package cannot be dropped off at Access Point?

Hi guys, i have this package that i've self-cleared yesterday. It's being "processed" on the UPS side, i haven't submitted the paperwork yet (i was told I'd be receiving a call regarding that from UPS). Past 2 days, i have had a postman attempt to deliver it and collect the fee. I've been refusing it of course. I was told after 3rd attempt, it will go to Concord, ON location (which is quite far for me) . So i called UPS to find out if they can drop it off at one of their UPS Access Point after the 3rd attempt, but i was told "it is C.O.D. package and cannot be dropped off at Acess Points".

My question is, how true is this?

I'm questioning the integrity because when i was trying to self-clear it, i spoke to 5 different UPS agents, and each of them gave me 5 different reasons as to why i'm not allowed to self-clear the package. Yet, here I am.

Thanks for any input :)
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8296 posts
1313 upvotes
Toronto
Just guessing, but maybe you can call Concord and pay the COD over the phone, and then the package should be OK for leaving at an access point.
[OP]
May 7, 2010
503 posts
45 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
gh05t wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 1:18 pm
Just guessing, but maybe you can call Concord and pay the COD over the phone, and then the package should be OK for leaving at an access point.
I don't want to pay their fees. That why, I've self cleared the item and paid the duty/taxes to customs directly.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1497 posts
649 upvotes
London
most access points are just like coner stores that ups drops the package off at for u to pick up. they just have a scanner that sends the data to ups when u pick it up so i'm guessing they don't have a way to accept payments for packages. even ups stores are not like officially owned by ups there just package stores that pay ups to franchise the ups name. the only places that are official ups places are the main hub/depot for each town so that's probably why they wont send it there.
Temp. Banned
Dec 19, 2009
3504 posts
1491 upvotes
AlienKing wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 12:18 pm
Past 2 days, i have had a postman attempt to deliver it and collect the fee. I've been refusing it of course.
AlienKing wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 1:34 pm
I don't want to pay their fees. That why, I've self cleared the item and paid the duty/taxes to customs directly.
Too bad, so sad ... hope they send it back to the place you bought it from and you have a hard time getting your money back out of Canada Customs. UPS is just doing their job and you're trying to screw them ... pathetic.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2545 posts
1569 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
AlienKing wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 1:34 pm
It's COD. There's a COD fee. If you don't want to pay any fees, then don't order something with a premium service such as COD. Pay for it straight up instead.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.