• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2021 9:50 am
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3540 posts
879 upvotes
Don't be nosey

UPS Package Drop Off Tracking

Hi all, I dropped off two parcels at UPS earlier today and received the Package Drop Off receipt which shows my Tracking Number and confirmed my drop off.

I'm a bit confused and concerned as to why the Tracking is not updated on UPS's website. The tracking still shows as "Label Created".

I've shipped and dropped off numerous packages before and the Tracking is always updated pretty quick on the website. Is there now a delay for the website to get updated? Or is there something shady going on?

Thanks in advance!
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
was it dropped off at a ups store or an access point. normally the ups stores scan the package and hand u a receipt the access points just have scanners no receipts. if they scanned it with the scanner it should show up almost instantly on the site some ups store or ap are lazy and don't bother scanning and if that's the case it may not update till monday when the driver comes to get it.

if u have the receipt though u should be good the big issues is if it never gets scanned and u have no receipt they will refuse to open a claim if the package is stolen.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3540 posts
879 upvotes
Don't be nosey
aaron158 wrote: was it dropped off at a ups store or an access point. normally the ups stores scan the package and hand u a receipt the access points just have scanners no receipts. if they scanned it with the scanner it should show up almost instantly on the site some ups store or ap are lazy and don't bother scanning and if that's the case it may not update till monday when the driver comes to get it.

if u have the receipt though u should be good the big issues is if it never gets scanned and u have no receipt they will refuse to open a claim if the package is stolen.
Yep they were dropped off at a UPS Store with a receipt so it’s a bit weird that the tracking is not being updated.
add me!
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
RunOrDie wrote: Yep they were dropped off at a UPS Store with a receipt so it’s a bit weird that the tracking is not being updated.
not sure with ups but i know with canada post sometimes if there tracking system is down and the person scans it even though its in the system the site won't ever update show that scan. then it will stay that way tell a scan happens after there system is back fully up and running. id wait till tueday and if u don't see some kind of movement on it by then call the ups store and check in with them. i try to avoid dropping off packages to the ups access point in my area on weekends its in a sketchy variety store that has been robbed a bunch of times so id rather not have my package sitting there a few days who knows if ups will cover it if its get stolen from there.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27805 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Label Created …
Usually means the Pkg has been scanned into the system, but awaiting the next movement

Example …

* It happens if you create a label at home … and awaiting the Courier to pick it up

* Or, you drop it off, the Courier Co scans it as IN / Recd … but tracking won’t actually update until the pkg moves … the truck comes to pick it up and move it forward

These things are most prone to happen if they happen between pick ups …like after hours / on the weekend etc.

Same thing @ Canada Post. You miss the daily pick up @ your SDM Postal Outlet … it won’t update again until the CP Truck picks it up to move it onto the Depot.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3540 posts
879 upvotes
Don't be nosey
PointsHubby wrote: Label Created …
Usually means the Pkg has been scanned into the system, but awaiting the next movement

Example …

* It happens if you create a label at home … and awaiting the Courier to pick it up

* Or, you drop it off, the Courier Co scans it as IN / Recd … but tracking won’t actually update until the pkg moves … the truck comes to pick it up and move it forward

These things are most prone to happen if they happen between pick ups …like after hours / on the weekend etc.

Same thing @ Canada Post. You miss the daily pick up @ your SDM Postal Outlet … it won’t update again until the CP Truck picks it up to move it onto the Depot.
Since I dropped off the parcel and it was scanned, the tracking should still be updated to my parcel dropped off. That's what happened with all of my previous UPS parcel drop offs.
add me!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)