Shopping Discussion

UPS Package Stuck? How can I call UPS?

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 9:24 pm
Sep 24, 2006
576 posts
54 upvotes
Honestly I don't understand how badly UPS is performing versus the other shipping companies. I absolutely get the backlog given the pandemic but come on.
I ordered two separate Costco orders and both had a 5 business day delay. Received Friday and deliver two Mondays following.
Fedex, CanadaPost, Purolator, even Canpar have been STELLAR through this all. UPS is atrocious.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41919 posts
6608 upvotes
bigkyle wrote: Honestly I don't understand how badly UPS is performing versus the other shipping companies. I absolutely get the backlog given the pandemic but come on.
I ordered two separate Costco orders and both had a 5 business day delay. Received Friday and deliver two Mondays following.
Fedex, CanadaPost, Purolator, even Canpar have been STELLAR through this all. UPS is atrocious.
Should be UPOS ;) Universal Piece Of *BEEP* lol
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 28, 2005
6058 posts
1047 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Got another notice - "Out for delivery TODAY"
Yeah!

Hope that happens.

BTW - Amazom promised "Guaranteed Delivery by last Wednesday"
Sincethey didn't meet their guaranty, do I get the item for free???
Ha, ha, just kidding.

But what is the point of a guaranty if there is no benefit for the person who received the guaranty if the promise is not fulfilled?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2188 posts
1208 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I think you have unrealistic expectations under the current circumstances, OP. A couple of days late these days is nothing.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41919 posts
6608 upvotes
krs wrote: Got another notice - "Out for delivery TODAY"
Yeah!

Hope that happens.

BTW - Amazom promised "Guaranteed Delivery by last Wednesday"
Sincethey didn't meet their guaranty, do I get the item for free???
Ha, ha, just kidding.

But what is the point of a guaranty if there is no benefit for the person who received the guaranty if the promise is not fulfilled?
I was only offered a free amazon prime extension for 1 month. That's it... LAME-O

Mine was guaranteed delivery for Today, but spoke to Amazon CSR and they said due to COVID-19, there are delays with Canada Post. I am gonna message them back and let them know because of them using Canada Post as a poor choice, my mom won't get her mother's day gift.
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 28, 2005
6058 posts
1047 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
GeeCee wrote: I think you have unrealistic expectations under the current circumstances, OP.
How do you figure that?

I didn't twist anyone's arm to get a May 5th delivery date - UPS came up with that.
Amazon in their follow-up email offered guaranteed by May 6, and in late afternoon on May 6 the Amazon message changed to "It could still come on May 6th, ie the day isn't over yet.

The REALLY ironic thing about all this is that I just checked the original delivery date provided by Amazon in their confirmation email of April 26 when I ordered that item.
Guaranteed Delivery date there is shown as Monday, May 11, 2020

Amazon and UPS should have just left things alone instead of offering constant earlier dates and then missing those dates one after another.
I would be less annoyed and this thread wouldn't exist.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
6058 posts
1047 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
My package just magically appeared at the door.
Jul 14, 2018
357 posts
402 upvotes
krs wrote: At what point does one decide that the package may be lost and to contact them to see if they can find it?

I assume the longer one waits (after it is really lost rather than just delayed), the poorwr thw chances they can recover it.

It would help if UPS posted something like "Your package may be delayed up to 7 business days", instead of the meaningless "Your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control" over and over again.
In my case the package showed as 'delivered' on 3 separate/different instances on tracking. Then my buyer contacted me saying they don't have the package - that's when I contacted UPS immediately.
Obviously thats quite different from your situation - but I have contacted UPS previously after tracking hasn't moved for several business days just to see what they will say. It doesn't take long for them to send a quick DM on twitter, even if its just a template reply saying they dont have more information.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1244 posts
1838 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Not just Ottawa, have a package stuck at Concord, ON too with the same exception message as OP.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41919 posts
6608 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Also raising an issue with UPS and perhaps Old Navy. I guess both parties are to blame. I see that my Old Navy order has finally shipped after a month of placing the order for THREE shirts.

They are shipping via UPS and it has reached the Concord destination yesterday. Now the rescheduled delivery (YES RESCHEDULED) is now on Monday. I hope it arrives on Monday. UPSET that it is not arriving today, after waiting for a month of delivery!
Still nothing. Shows that it is in Brampton and reschedule date is today. I hope it doesn’t extend or I’m gonna make a complaint with UPS and Old Navy.
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 15, 2011
41919 posts
6608 upvotes
Ugh. Can’t even call UPS Canada customer service. Great.
Proud to be an Indian.
337 posts
131 upvotes
Have a UPS package from Costco... I have a tracking number and all it says is item being processed. Been like this for over 2 weeks.... called Costco who just refunded me. What are the chances the package shows up?
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13683 posts
8692 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
A week later, it's a shit show down at UPS.
beancounter6 wrote: Have a UPS package from Costco... I have a tracking number and all it says is item being processed. Been like this for over 2 weeks.... called Costco who just refunded me. What are the chances the package shows up?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41919 posts
6608 upvotes
Took one hour to get a hold of someone. They said it was out for delivery on Friday and should arrive by 7pm today.

If not then tomorrow. I gave my number so the warehouse responsible can call.

My tracking doesn’t even show it was out for delivery on Friday.

Ugh. Old navy and UPS. Lol
Proud to be an Indian.
15194 posts
12350 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
beancounter6 wrote: Have a UPS package from Costco... I have a tracking number and all it says is item being processed. Been like this for over 2 weeks.... called Costco who just refunded me. What are the chances the package shows up?
Have run into this myself with Costco orders & UPS

It will eventually show up.

I didn’t bother calling Costco ... cuz they did their part ... fulfil order & ship it out

The bog down was 100% @ UPS. Not ideal, but waaaay better than using Canada Post these days
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1244 posts
1838 upvotes
Canada, eh?
secretalcoholic wrote: Not just Ottawa, have a package stuck at Concord, ON too with the same exception message as OP.

Package scheduled for re delivery tomorrow.

Interestingly, tracking says: "Delivery will be delayed by one business day."

More like weeks...lol.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41919 posts
6608 upvotes
Now it says information unavailable for rescheduled delivery. What scumbags. Sorry for the mild profanity and rant, but it’s ridiculous. If they’re short staffed due to covid, then do something about it to make it more efficient. Work extra hours or something like that.

Or temporarily increase their wages, to attract them.

Ugh. UPS = Universal piece of scum.
Proud to be an Indian.
1244 posts
1838 upvotes
Canada, eh?
secretalcoholic wrote: Package scheduled for re delivery tomorrow.

Interestingly, tracking says: "Delivery will be delayed by one business day."

More like weeks...lol.
Anddddddd its been delayed again. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1747 posts
539 upvotes
Edmonton
Dropped off a return package on the 8th, online tracking still doesn't show any signs of pickup. It did get scanned by the UPS Store. Waited 40 minutes on hold to speak to UPS customer service. Upon further inquiry, the rep said my package did get picked up for a scheduled delivery date of May 19th. Hopefully they're correct this time...
Feb 4, 2011
517 posts
300 upvotes
krs wrote: But what is the point of a guaranty if there is no benefit for the person who received the guaranty if the promise is not fulfilled?
Great question. What did amazon say when you asked them?