Shopping Discussion

UPS Package Stuck? How can I call UPS?

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2020 9:24 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2021 posts
1939 upvotes
beancounter6 wrote: Have a UPS package from Costco... I have a tracking number and all it says is item being processed. Been like this for over 2 weeks.... called Costco who just refunded me. What are the chances the package shows up?
zero
Order processed mean it's still at Costco warehouse.
so if you cancelled the order, they will simply put it back on shelves.
Which is why you got the refund, if they had already shipped it out, they would ask you to wait for the package and return it back for refund.
Jul 25, 2019
336 posts
131 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: zero
Order processed mean it's still at Costco warehouse.
so if you cancelled the order, they will simply put it back on shelves.
Which is why you got the refund, if they had already shipped it out, they would ask you to wait for the package and return it back for refund.
That’s fair. Tbh I just called them to ask what’s going on, because it’s been 3 weeks since I ordered. The rep was the one who told me she’s never seen this before and that she thought the package was lost, and then promptly offered me a reship (but couldn’t because everything was out of stock), hence the refund.

A+ for customer service at least. Times like these is what sets companies apart.

Compare this to Canadian tire, who marked a cancelled curbside order as picked up. When I called to ask what happened, had to spend 10 mins convincing the clerk they incorrectly charged me, only to have to spend another 10 mins getting the right amount refunded (only refunded half).
Oct 15, 2012
342 posts
363 upvotes
Sudbury
beancounter6 wrote: That’s fair. Tbh I just called them to ask what’s going on, because it’s been 3 weeks since I ordered. The rep was the one who told me she’s never seen this before and that she thought the package was lost, and then promptly offered me a reship (but couldn’t because everything was out of stock), hence the refund.

A+ for customer service at least. Times like these is what sets companies apart.

Compare this to Canadian tire, who marked a cancelled curbside order as picked up. When I called to ask what happened, had to spend 10 mins convincing the clerk they incorrectly charged me, only to have to spend another 10 mins getting the right amount refunded (only refunded half).
Talking about Canadian Tire, aside from their painfully slow e-commerce platform, has had my order since Friday am for a bicycle tire in stock--a friend walked in (Monday aft) and was told she can't pick it up until I get an email-- told it takes about a week. Wonderful job CTC!
Feb 4, 2011
516 posts
298 upvotes
djemzine wrote: If they’re short staffed due to covid, then do something about it to make it more efficient. Work extra hours or something like that
How do you know that they never attempted any of these options?