UPS wants me to pay brokerage fee AFTER I received my package

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 18th, 2020 5:59 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2017
1074 posts
827 upvotes
Calgary
ericli007 wrote: That's a good one! But the problem is that your billing information (name) has to match address (name). So it's quite hard to bypass this step when placing an order with your vendor/supplier.
Unless it’s an AmEx the name in that field isn’t actually checked against the card.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2014
616 posts
486 upvotes
Montreal, QC
CanadianSpruce wrote: Unless it’s an AmEx the name in that field isn’t actually checked against the card.
Who uses Amex in Canada Neutral Face. Good suggestion, but not really applicable... If you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to listen Smiling Face With Sunglasses.
Apr 29, 2018
768 posts
420 upvotes
ericli007 wrote: Your story is incomplete.

1st package - you ignored all fees
2nd package - Fedex sent you invoice and you called to remove.... In the end, did you pay some fees? If so, which ones (do you remember?)

So in the end, for your second package, you could not simply just ignore them anymore since you were "blacklisted". Correct?
Blacklisted for what? For not agreeing to pay a bill, when I did not authorize the charge in the first place?

Nope I just ignored.

For the 2nd Package, they reached out, as they need my approval to charge me. This time however, the bill was 70$. I assume they may have tried to bill me for previous bill. Called them and they cut the bill down to 30$
Feb 18, 2012
757 posts
365 upvotes
Victoria
There's a whole thread on this that has been active for years.
[OP]
Sep 9, 2014
616 posts
486 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Kiraly wrote: Oh boy are you ever missing out! What RFDer doesn't have at least one Amex card?
I actually have a corporate Amex card. As per my company policy, we have to use it. If vendors don’t accept, then we can use alternative means of payment.

I noticed that not every vendor accepts Amex. West coast Canada accept Amex, whereas East coast don’t recognize it as much. I see you live in Vancouver, so maybe that’s why... come to Montreal or Canada’s east coast and you’ll want to pull your hair out once you hear “We don’t accept Amex”.

Also, I travel to the US (Boston area), and many vendors don’t accept Amex either. I was shocked when I first heard that. I said “Amex stands for AMERICAN Express. How can you Americans not accept your own card”?

Anyways.. what’s AMEX good for? What am I missing? It’s just any credit card, no? How’s it special?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
8987 posts
10413 upvotes
Vancouver
ericli007 wrote: I actually have a corporate Amex card. As per my company policy, we have to use it. If vendors don’t accept, then we can use alternative means of payment.

I noticed that not every vendor accepts Amex. West coast Canada accept Amex, whereas East coast don’t recognize it as much. I see you live in Vancouver, so maybe that’s why... come to Montreal or Canada’s east coast and you’ll want to pull your hair out once you hear “We don’t accept Amex”.

Also, I travel to the US (Boston area), and many vendors don’t accept Amex either. I was shocked when I first heard that. I said “Amex stands for AMERICAN Express. How can you Americans not accept your own card”?

Anyways.. what’s AMEX good for? What am I missing? It’s just any credit card, no? How’s it special?
Amex has some of the best promos around. Got $1,900 in welcome bonus, spending bonus, Shop Small bonus, double-double redemption bonus, Ivanhoé Cambridge bonus, grocery & essentials bonus...between April 2020 when I got the card and July when I cashed it all in. Paid $700 annual fee, net gain of $1,200.

Amex Shop Small bonus, each card gives you $5 back when you spend $10 or more at small businesses, up to 10 times each. I did this across 3 Amex cards, saved $150.

Don't leave home without it!