• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2020 11:35 pm
[OP]
Jun 1, 2006
491 posts
69 upvotes
NB

upward facing bulbs on a high chandelier

Is there an attachment for upward facing bulbs on a high chandelier? Cannot reach by ladder as 16 feet up. All 4 r burnt out now :(
Images
  • chand.jpg
10 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2189 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
You can rent a big ladder at home depot.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
4684 posts
2038 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Scaffold? Orchard ladder?

These tall hallways have their disadvantages to say the least.
fordmaple wrote: When you do, ensure you go with long life LEDs.
LEDs may last forever but the electronics may not!
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4914 posts
759 upvotes
Calgary
Two adults to hold vertical straight ladder. One light kid age 12-14 to scramble up like a monkey and change the bulbs. Done it many times
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4177 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
I would rent/buy a long extension ladder and put it against one of the walls and climb up on it. Then the person at the top of the extension ladder hooks the lamp (extendible pole with something fashioned into a hook) and pulls the light fixture towards the wall and attaches it to the ladder with bungie cords, etc. and then can change the bulbs fairly easily. At least it's safer than having some people hold the ladder vertical.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
3873 posts
3218 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Cough wrote: Two adults to hold vertical straight ladder. One light kid age 12-14 to scramble up like a monkey and change the bulbs. Done it many times
lol - so you send the red-headed step-child up or one of your own that you actually love? Bicycle or hockey helmet for an added measure of safety? Is you spouse aware of your approach or is your spouse out of the house while the operation is carried out covertly?

Love your plan but have so many questions!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
2189 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
Cough wrote: Two adults to hold vertical straight ladder. One light kid age 12-14 to scramble up like a monkey and change the bulbs. Done it many times
LOL.. my 8yr old girl would be all over this.. Everytime I leave the ladder out she it up on it and I have to tell her to get down.
Oct 2, 2018
285 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Whatever the solution might want to repaint as well seeing that is even a more difficult situation.

Like the entryway, hate the maintenance of it all.

Don't see renting a 16 foot step ladder as you won't get that beast in your car or wrapped to the roof racks. So unless you have a neighbor with one or who owns scafoldind lying around this might call for paying someone else to step in.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7944 posts
4345 upvotes
Alberta
jonnyyaa wrote: Is there an attachment for upward facing bulbs on a high chandelier? Cannot reach by ladder as 16 feet up. All 4 r burnt out now :(
I had the same problem. Mine is really high also and there is no way I could get to it to change the bulbs. My brother actually had an articulated ladder that he bought from Costco that worked like a charm. It made changing the bulbs easy.