Expired Hot Deals

[Urban Outfitters] Polaroid Originals Close-up Instant 71.99!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2019 11:36 pm
[OP]
Feb 11, 2019
268 posts
325 upvotes
ON

[Urban Outfitters] Polaroid Originals Close-up Instant 71.99!

Once you add to bag you get extra 40% off sale bringing price down to 71.99

Great price if you are in the market for a Polaroid for some vintage photography this summer

Uses Polaroid 600 film, bit pricey when compared to Instax so also worth considering before you buy.

UO charges 10 for shipping, but looks like there is in-store availability in Toronto to save that tenner
10 replies
Nov 23, 2017
997 posts
1966 upvotes
The Refurb unit is the only one “on sale” and is eligible for the extra 40% off.
Nov 24, 2014
121 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dec 18, 2017
132 posts
81 upvotes
Overpriced and not worth it(the camera). It's a warm deal if you want one immediately.

My suggestion is to get a cheap Sun 600 or Onestep off kijiji or ebay or somewhere else second hand and buy a frog tongue from Henry's(they might refer to it as a film shield). They've slowly crept up a bit in price but not by much. I personally had one of my grandpa's old Sun 600's collecting dust in the basement and just took that and slapped a frog tongue in it a few years back.

Frog Tongue
https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Origina ... 3ZVQDAGBKB

The film itself is a bit pricey as well and that price is more of a subjective thing. I don't mind it but a lot of others will find it insane. It's approaching like $4 a shot at this point(8 for around $32 w/ tax) which can be pricey if this something you just wanna dabble in(the cameras that are sold by UO won't include a pack of film either)
[OP]
Feb 11, 2019
268 posts
325 upvotes
ON
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 10:54 am
The Refurb unit is the only one “on sale” and is eligible for the extra 40% off.
Polaroid Originals are all refurb
[OP]
Feb 11, 2019
268 posts
325 upvotes
ON
pk1234 wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 3:29 pm
Overpriced and not worth it(the camera). It's a warm deal if you want one immediately.

My suggestion is to get a cheap Sun 600 or Onestep off kijiji or ebay or somewhere else second hand and buy a frog tongue from Henry's(they might refer to it as a film shield). They've slowly crept up a bit in price but not by much. I personally had one of my grandpa's old Sun 600's collecting dust in the basement and just took that and slapped a frog tongue in it a few years back.

Frog Tongue
https://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Origina ... 3ZVQDAGBKB

The film itself is a bit pricey as well and that price is more of a subjective thing. I don't mind it but a lot of others will find it insane. It's approaching like $4 a shot at this point(8 for around $32 w/ tax) which can be pricey if this something you just wanna dabble in(the cameras that are sold by UO won't include a pack of film either)
Thanks for the tip, with the new company making the film will only imagine the price will go up.
Nov 23, 2017
997 posts
1966 upvotes
overtask wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 4:56 pm
Polaroid Originals are all refurb
Not true, they have a line of vintage cameras and a line of new cameras all under the same "Polaroid Originals" marque.

With the broken link, I figured I would let people know that the refurb unit for lack of a better description (there was only one refurb camera on UO's website) was the only one the 40% discount applied to.
Dec 18, 2017
132 posts
81 upvotes
overtask wrote:
Jul 2nd, 2019 4:57 pm
Thanks for the tip, with the new company making the film will only imagine the price will go up.
The Impossible Project has been making it for a while now. They bought out the rights to use the naming/IP or Polaroid and rebranded as that a few years ago. I wouldn't stress too much about prices rising more, I think that just has to do more with prices in general just rising on most consumer goods in recent years up here. Like if you look at the states, the same film is way cheaper.
[OP]
Feb 11, 2019
268 posts
325 upvotes
ON
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2019 6:06 am
Not true, they have a line of vintage cameras and a line of new cameras all under the same "Polaroid Originals" marque.

With the broken link, I figured I would let people know that the refurb unit for lack of a better description (there was only one refurb camera on UO's website) was the only one the 40% discount applied to.
Did they not call the new ones their i-line?
Nov 23, 2017
997 posts
1966 upvotes
overtask wrote:
Jul 4th, 2019 11:15 pm
Did they not call the new ones their i-line?
All of the new ones have "I-type camera" written on them, but this is not used as a descriptor on the urban outfitters website, and is only a secondary characteristic (not a clickable differentiator) on the Polaroid website. The new models are called One Step (+/2/stranger things), but the model you tried to link in the OP about is also a One Step (close up) and is not an I-type.

Maybe I am the only one who finds this confusing.