Home & Garden

Urgent Question: is it ok leaving HPB in raining?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2018 10:00 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 17, 2018
3 posts

Urgent Question: is it ok leaving HPB in raining?

I am doing my patio project, I had ordered 20 cu yards HPB which will deliver on Wednesday, so far the weather forecast said a big rain coming on Sat and I definitely cannot finish the project at that time, so is it ok leave it on driveway or put on yard without any cover?

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1852 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
Recommendation based on experience with HPB (i also used 20 tonnes) - put down a large tarp or two on the entire area where you will be having the stone delivered/dumped, makes it much easier to manage and clean up once you're done.

Other then that, no issues with it getting wet. HPB is clear (the fines/crush dust is washed away) 1/4 chip stone
[OP]
Jun 17, 2018
3 posts
Thanks jacquesstrap, very helpful, will buy the tarp today, and I don't have to call them to reschedule delivery with no worry about rain.
[OP]
Jun 17, 2018
3 posts
and another question, anybody have idea about how weight of HPB per cu yard? I had asked few company, most of them said 1.6 ton/cu yard, but dufferin aggregate (I ordered from here) said 1.2 ton/ cu yard, they all sell by weight and confused my calculation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)