None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1278 posts
188 upvotes
Richmond Hill

US border pickup depot?

Stupid question, I remember reading something on RFD about if I ordering stuff from US web site I can ship them to a US depot then I can go pickup from there. Can someone please tell me the name of that place?

thanks
14 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
CBI or USAddress are the 2 most frequently used by most here...
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1278 posts
188 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You Da best.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4744 posts
554 upvotes
Burlington
Another vote for CBI. But these damn gas prices have me thinking twice now about going to the border to pick up packages.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Tha_Doggg wrote: Another vote for CBI. But these damn gas prices have me thinking twice now about going to the border to pick up packages.

Fill up your tank while there to save some more then. ;)
Thinking seriously about the 4 S's...Sun, Sand, Surf and ... Booked for Sept in Mexico and booked Samana DR for Jan!
Aug 26, 2010
500 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
CSK'sMom wrote: Fill up your tank while there to save some more then. ;)

LOL - so true. Was just in Niagara Falls (NY) this past weekend and heard my neighbouring pump users grumble about the 4$ gallon (4.05 actually), and I mentioned that we were paying way past 5.25$ a gallon when you converted the litre pricing (and not counting on exchange). The look of disbelief was amusing (but very sad for my wallet when I think about pumping gas on the Canadian side of the border).
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9709 posts
1201 upvotes
GTA
Just a warning about CBI, although I used the service and I thought it was great (they even give you free coffee if you want, they have a keurig machine), the issue I have is their hours. I wish they were open later on Saturday or maybe open on Sunday. I think they are only open until 1pm on Saturday and closed on Sunday and not open too late during the week. If the time works for you though, they I highly recommend going with them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
catwalk wrote: I was lucky enough to get this: Groupon $5 for Two U.S. Parcel Acceptances at The UPS Store in Lewiston

So it looks like it's right on the border & is normally $10 for a pickup. Haven't used them so can't comment on service...

None of us really use UPS as their fees are a lot higher than CBI and USAddress. $5/package is the regular price at the other places. ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1226 posts
128 upvotes
Barrie/Toronto
CSK'sMom wrote: None of us really use UPS as their fees are a lot higher than CBI and USAddress. $5/package is the regular price at the other places. ;)
True, I dispise UPS (and their fees!) but I figured for $5 it was worth it. If OP is looking for all different options this might be good for him, or the hours might be better.

Now if only I could get a work around for the USA Paypal account ;)
My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2025 posts
68 upvotes
Niagara area
CSK'sMom wrote: None of us really use UPS as their fees are a lot higher than CBI and USAddress. $5/package is the regular price at the other places. ;)

Actually CBI is $5.95 per package
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2010
1658 posts
184 upvotes
Scarbontario
Anyone know a good company that does US Mail forwarding? Just considering the time/gas it takes to get to buffalo border.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13247 posts
7353 upvotes
Toronto
wasserware wrote:So these services allow you to rent a US address for online orders and then you can drive there to pick it up?

yes