Shopping Discussion

US Costco require customers to wear face masks (Canada recommends masks May 21) Guelph-mandatory June 12

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2020 6:52 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2056 posts
5897 upvotes

US Costco require customers to wear face masks (Canada recommends masks May 21) Guelph-mandatory June 12

Looks like Costco USA, maybe Canada as well will require customers to wear face mask starting May 4th.

Maybe someone can confirm if this is for Canadian locations as well.

https://komonews.com/news/coronavirus/c ... face-masks

Anyone in Guelph Costco will have to wear a mask according to this on Friday June 12th.

https://wdgpublichealth.ca/news/media-r ... duTi-7Whb8
Last edited by hill15 on Jun 10th, 2020 11:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
269 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2193 posts
1775 upvotes
GTA
Why speculate, just check Costco's website. It has all of their Covid-19 updates. You should remove Canada from the title until or if they add this requirement here.
Last edited by tew on Apr 29th, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
4784 posts
2335 upvotes
Toronto
If Costco sells facemasks, I would use it when I shop there.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3953 posts
2023 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
peteryorkuca wrote: If Costco sells facemasks, I would use it when I shop there.
Or provides them at the entrance.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3953 posts
2023 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
TomRFD wrote: Would be a pretty nice member perk.
I'd settle for one with a big costco logo or fake smile on the front. :-)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13626 posts
25836 upvotes
Scarborough
According to my Costco source, Canada will also require face coverings as of Monday May the 4th. It doesn't need to be an actual mask though. Things like scarves are ok too.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
17771 posts
4362 upvotes
Toronto
May the force be with you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2056 posts
5897 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: According to my Costco source, Canada will also require face coverings as of Monday May the 4th. It doesn't need to be an actual mask though. Things like scarves are ok too.
Will this be Canada wide. Is this posted somewhere.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3194 posts
1830 upvotes
Vancouver
Great news!

Hopefully, this will shorten the lineups as I still see one quarter to one third of customers still without even a surgical mask.
Jun 1, 2007
68 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like I won't be going to Costco anymore. Facemasks annoy me so much when I wear them that I can't help but "adjust" them constantly. Since touching your mask once defeats the whole purpose of the mask (because your mask becomes contaminated the minute you put it on), I'm more of a danger with the mask on than without one.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4327 posts
780 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Awesome news!

Now to take away the memberships of those that don't social distance 6.5 feet and we'd have a perfect shopping experience.
Jun 1, 2007
68 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal
Looks like I won't be going to Costco anymore. Facemasks annoy me so much when I wear them that I can't help but "adjust" them constantly. Since touching your mask once defeats the whole purpose of the mask (because your mask becomes contaminated the minute you put it on), I'm more of a danger with the mask on than without one.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
1434 posts
1191 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Totalmayhem wrote: Looks like I won't be going to Costco anymore. Facemasks annoy me so much when I wear them that I can't help but "adjust" them constantly. Since touching your mask once defeats the whole purpose of the mask (because your mask becomes contaminated the minute you put it on), I'm more of a danger with the mask on than without one.
Same, I have a very sensitive nose, I tried wearing many different face masks but every few minutes my nose would start to itch. It definitely wouldn't work for me
😎Thanks RFD😎

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)