Expired Hot Deals

US deal in store for those closer to the border: Samsung broken phone repair: $49US for S7, S8, S8+, S9, S9+ and Note 8

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2020 7:57 pm
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
802 posts
757 upvotes

US deal in store for those closer to the border: Samsung broken phone repair: $49US for S7, S8, S8+, S9, S9+ and Note 8

Deal Link:
Feb 6th, 2020, deal is still on until the 9th but some Sprint locations are refusing repairs for us Canadian/International customers. Please inquire and be thorough when calling. They might be low on stock parts at this point as well.

credit to: aznshorty from Slickdeals:

$49 Samsung phones broken screen repair
You don't have to be a sprint customer. You can be on any carrier. They replace the entire housing/screen and install a new battery. Your phone will be back to like new.

Eligible Phones:

Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Samsung Galaxy S9
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy Note8
The S7 edge is not eligible or it is YMMV

Ends 2/9/20.

While Supplies last. Reqs. eligible Galaxy phone in working condition; not all screens are repairable. Only available at Sprint Stores with service and repair. Same day service not guaranteed. Limit 1 per customer. Sprint reserves the right to reject any phone for repair.

*Call ahead to make sure they have the part in stock for your phone*. Not sure if others can use a mail service to ship them the phone, those not close to the border, may or may not be an option.
Last edited by htauthority on Feb 6th, 2020 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Public Mobile $23 plan, $10 credits ongoing
Koodo $29 plan with Google Pixel 2 XL, $50 credits ongoing
EBox $42, group buy $2 off
Thanks to RFD
64 replies
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
802 posts
757 upvotes
You are welcome. Sorry it's not for everybody but think I'm clear enough in the title. Those that can take advantage it is, just replacing a battery can cost this much or more.
Thanks to RFD
Mar 5, 2011
216 posts
50 upvotes
The link takes me to a 404 page. Anyone else?
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5433 posts
1841 upvotes
Do they use OEM parts or after market?
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
802 posts
757 upvotes
damis wrote: The link takes me to a 404 page. Anyone else?
Hmmm, same here, will look into it when I get home. Edit: Fixed.
Last edited by htauthority on Jan 23rd, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to RFD
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
802 posts
757 upvotes
vivibaby wrote: Do they use OEM parts or after market?
All OEM parts. For DIY fix without labor, the screen/digitizer is around $140-$200 and the battery around $40 on avg. Depends which phone you have.

They use a machine to open up the phone. Keep in mind (double check with Sprint) that if you have a phone model with rear glass as well and it is cracked they could refuse the repair. As per slickdeals the machine will shatter the rear glass when opening up the phone. Makes a mess which is why they will refuse to do the repair. Just something to keep in mind before making a trip. A working phone with cracked front glass qualifies.
Thanks to RFD
May 6, 2017
149 posts
144 upvotes
Wow this is really hot if you can get it. Thanks for sharing!
Mar 5, 2011
216 posts
50 upvotes
Am I missing anything? I can't see the mention about changing batteries included in that price !
Jun 24, 2007
36 posts
17 upvotes
damis wrote: Am I missing anything? I can't see the mention about changing batteries included in that price !
The OEM part Samsung sends to Asurion (/Sprint) is the frame + screen + battery assembly, per Asurion tech on the Reddit/r/android discussion
[OP]
Aug 23, 2015
802 posts
757 upvotes
damis wrote: Am I missing anything? I can't see the mention about changing batteries included in that price !
I called my nearest store to verify (in Dearborn, MI) and plenty of folks that went in for the repair have confirmed on slickdeals. Verified before sharing on RFD, as with any US based deal need to fact check before sharing, don;t want folks making a trip for nothing on my account.

All OEM parts, new screen, phone housing and new battery. Make sure your back glass is not cracked and phone is functional. Call your nearest repair center(s) to verify part is in stock and set up an appointment. Should take an hour or two then go pick it up the same day in most cases.
Thanks to RFD
Jul 12, 2017
36 posts
23 upvotes
Wow, crazy deal, I wonder if it's a limited time or forever?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1468 posts
908 upvotes
Montréal
So they have new tech that automatically disassemble the phone?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)