• Apr 9th, 2020 1:53 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
14711 posts
3728 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

US Forwarding Address - Waived Customs?

Anyone know what US forwarding services are available that I can use to ship stuff to Canada without having to pay customs? I'm looking to pick up some auto parts. Specifically spark plugs, rear sway bar, and brake parts.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15874 posts
13094 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
geokilla wrote: Anyone know what US forwarding services are available that I can use to ship stuff to Canada without having to pay customs? I'm looking to pick up some auto parts. Specifically spark plugs, rear sway bar, and brake parts.
Lol, not gonna happen

EVERYTHING coming into Canada goes thru the Customs process.

Doesn’t matter how you get it across the border ... someone is making a declaration

Be it in person, by mail, or via courier

You might want to read this thread for info on the cheapest vs most expensive options

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/after-p ... x-2367007/
Nov 15, 2006
582 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
when you come back to Canada, the custom officer may just let you go if you are lucky that day. Conclusion is you have to try your luck. You may end up paying more as you have an extra cost on gas.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2809 posts
2100 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
geokilla wrote: Anyone know what US forwarding services are available that I can use to ship stuff to Canada without having to pay customs? I'm looking to pick up some auto parts. Specifically spark plugs, rear sway bar, and brake parts.
There are no such services. Anything imported into Canada is subject to duties and/or taxes (considering of course any exemptions to which the importer is entitled).

Depending on the value, the particular customs officer on the day may waive it through but that's at their discretion.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.