Shopping Discussion

US parcels and US mailing address

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2019 8:37 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Oct 31, 2008
82 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver

US parcels and US mailing address

We have a US bank account and a US credit card and for quite a few years we had a mailbox in Bellingham that allowed unlimited parcels for no extra cost. We never had any problems ordering things because shipping and billing address were the same. Unfortunately, the mailbox company was bought and they shut it with short notice and moved everything to another location in Bellingham and registered the address as no longer valid which is temporarily stopping ordering to any Blaine mail receiving place.

Are there any Blaine, Ferndale or Bellingham mail places where one can have an address to receive parcels? We don't mind paying for a reasonable monthly or yearly charge for a mailbox, but don't want to also pay the same parcel receiving cost that those without a box pay. This seems to be what the Blaine places do.
Thread Summary
OP does not know where to post his question so he decided it was a hot deal.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1374 posts
1574 upvotes
Surrey
op, google is your friend :)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1150 posts
1367 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a postal mailbox at the USPS office, not those private home based kind. The smallest box is US$106 a year, unlimited mails, magazines and parcels. Few years ago, they provided a street address for courier. I just left my signature on file and received UPS and FedEx and a few other couriers without any problem. I think I did have a bit of problem with a smaller courier once ordering from eBay. Check their website for hours. I usually go on Sat between 11:30am - 2pm to pick up parcels. If the package is too large for my box, they leave a green card or a notice to pick up at the counter. However, they are closed on Sat except parcel p/u during those hours. It may not work for everyone but I have been using them for the last 10 years or so.
P.S. I even used it to order from Costco.com and no problem. Yet my friend used his private home based one and Costco refused to ship.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1843 posts
866 upvotes
Home
wranglery wrote: I have a postal mailbox at the USPS office, not those private home based kind. The smallest box is US$106 a year, unlimited mails, magazines and parcels. Few years ago, they provided a street address for courier. I just left my signature on file and received UPS and FedEx and a few other couriers without any problem. I think I did have a bit of problem with a smaller courier once ordering from eBay. Check their website for hours. I usually go on Sat between 11:30am - 2pm to pick up parcels. If the package is too large for my box, they leave a green card or a notice to pick up at the counter. However, they are closed on Sat except parcel p/u during those hours. It may not work for everyone but I have been using them for the last 10 years or so.
P.S. I even used it to order from Costco.com and no problem. Yet my friend used his private home based one and Costco refused to ship.
Costco. com ships to po boxes? This is news.
Member
Jun 9, 2019
393 posts
467 upvotes
wranglery wrote: I have a postal mailbox at the USPS office, not those private home based kind. The smallest box is US$106 a year, unlimited mails, magazines and parcels. Few years ago, they provided a street address for courier. I just left my signature on file and received UPS and FedEx and a few other couriers without any problem. I think I did have a bit of problem with a smaller courier once ordering from eBay. Check their website for hours. I usually go on Sat between 11:30am - 2pm to pick up parcels. If the package is too large for my box, they leave a green card or a notice to pick up at the counter. However, they are closed on Sat except parcel p/u during those hours. It may not work for everyone but I have been using them for the last 10 years or so.
P.S. I even used it to order from Costco.com and no problem. Yet my friend used his private home based one and Costco refused to ship.
Is this considered a PO box? Many places won't ship to PO boxes
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2018
283 posts
359 upvotes
Mission, BC
Ship happens or 24/7 parcel in sumas saves a drive all the way to bellingham for us. $3-$5 per package.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5291 posts
3770 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Mailbox International does mailboxes with address in Blaine. $10-29USD a month depending on how big you want the box to be.
https://www.mbistore.com/mailbox.asp

Frankly if you aren't really receiving a lot of parcels like less than 5 a month, I would just do 5dpackages which charges $2 for standard size parcels received. This is what I use.
https://5dpackages.com
Member
User avatar
Aug 15, 2009
307 posts
82 upvotes
North America
BrendanC wrote: 24/7 parcel in sumas saves a drive all the way to Bellingham
How can I put this politely... 24/7 sucks because it's owner is asleep behind the wheel and hides out in Surrey instead of being responsive to customers. Read their Yelp reviews.

I've used quite a few Blaine joints and as far as customer service and courtesy, Mail Boxes International is the way to go - https://www.yelp.com/biz/mail-boxes-int ... nal-blaine. The Vietnamese owners are local to Washington and hands-on and their employees are friendly and helpful. I have no qualms bitching about crappy service and these guys are the only Blaine outfit I've found that has continuously provided good service throughout the years.
Newbie
Jan 2, 2012
14 posts
10 upvotes
Maple Ridge
used 5D packages in Blaine for 4 years, no problems and pretty inexpensive.
Jr. Member
Sep 26, 2006
149 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
I use 5d packages at the peace arch location. Never had an issue and they charge $2 per parcel.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2004
1150 posts
1367 upvotes
Vancouver
I RFD wrote: Costco. com ships to po boxes? This is news.
Yes, it's a PO Box. But as I mentioned, they will give you a street address which is 701 Harrison Ave, unit #your PO Box no. And yes, I received my order from Costco.com. Yet, Costco.com will not ship to 5d package as the address does not match the owner's name.
Sr. Member
Feb 14, 2007
841 posts
255 upvotes
bbbc wrote: How can I put this politely... 24/7 sucks because it's owner is asleep behind the wheel and hides out in Surrey instead of being responsive to customers. Read their Yelp reviews.

I've used quite a few Blaine joints and as far as customer service and courtesy, Mail Boxes International is the way to go - https://www.yelp.com/biz/mail-boxes-int ... nal-blaine. The Vietnamese owners are local to Washington and hands-on and their employees are friendly and helpful. I have no qualms bitching about crappy service and these guys are the only Blaine outfit I've found that has continuously provided good service throughout the years.
not sure what you are talking about. 24/7 is very good for me as i like to go random time to get my parcel so they are great at being 24/7. all parcel received will be checked in the same day and i never had issue with that.. all the ppl that's been complaining are the ones that go down to the states without receiving notification their package is ready for pickup and start to b*tch coz it's not ready for pickup..
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
1843 posts
866 upvotes
Home
wranglery wrote: Yet, Costco.com will not ship to 5d package as the address does not match the owner's name.
Can you clarify, 5d package?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 20, 2015
1300 posts
788 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Damn, you guys got it good over there. Each package costs me $6 US in Detroit and about $10 CDN in tolls. At least I can fill up in cheap gas to make up for it.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1878 posts
1027 upvotes
Thanks anonymous user for the thread summary.
Was wondering why the downvotes.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28919 posts
9422 upvotes
jay-em wrote: Thanks anonymous user for the thread summary.
Was wondering why the downvotes.
And thanks to you for pointing that out, lol.

Top