Shopping Discussion

US Shipping address in NY to ship EBAY items to?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2011 5:57 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4026 posts
792 upvotes
West Side GTA

US Shipping address in NY to ship EBAY items to?

I know i've heard it before somewhere that people will pay a certain amount to have their ebay auction items shipped to NY. When it arrives, the guy there will hold it for you and you just swing on by to pick it up. Does anyone know of a reliable one near Niagara Falls NY? I'm sure I'm not the only one. I need a place that'll be able to accept wheels/tires etc shipped via UPS or USPS.

Thanks!
14 replies
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
77 upvotes
GTA
here's the place ! i use it all the time and never had a problem. they can accept anything as long as you register. they do charge extra depending on a certain weight... you mentioned tires, i know for anything over 50lbs there is an additional charge. but for the most part normal parcels are $5 and will hold for one week and every week after that it's $2.

here is the link to the site :

http://usaddressinc.com
Dec 16, 2004
764 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
I've used the UPS store on Military Rd across the street from the outlet mall several times before. They charge a fee depending on the size of the package, something like $5 for small, $10 for medium but I don't remember exactly what. There is also a fee of $1 a day for however long they are holding it there for you. The biggest thing I ever had shipped there was a Dyson vacuum and I think that was considered a medium size package. I would call them ahead of time to see what they would charge for tires.
Dec 16, 2004
764 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
the stig wrote: here's the place ! i use it all the time and never had a problem. they can accept anything as long as you register. they do charge extra depending on a certain weight... you mentioned tires, i know for anything over 50lbs there is an additional charge. but for the most part normal parcels are $5 and will hold for one week and every week after that it's $2.

here is the link to the site :

http://usaddressinc.com

I just checked out that place and it looks like it might be cheaper than the UPS store and it's really close to the border as well. Thanks for the tip!
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3503 posts
1596 upvotes
Ontario
I've used cbi before. Was rather quick and easy. Was a bit hard to find, the place is in a residential neighbourhood, but they were friendly and I didn't have to worry about picking up the parcel within a certain time period. I'd use them again.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
77 upvotes
GTA
the only issue i had with CBI when i used them was that they are basically a warehouse. and i had a few small packages go missing and had issues with them trying to just get info for claim purposes. so i would only use them for larger packages (they misplaced 3 blu ray movies ordered from amazon). US address Inc. is a smaller place and is just down the road (10 mins) from the outlet mall on military road. they can confirm things over email ahead of time so you are not surprised with anything when you arrive. they are a very busy place so calling to confirm something would not be recommended. plus they do not charge to dispose of packing and boxes where the other place did (a small fee, but not a problem).

US address stays open a bit longer so if you are delayed getting across the border you have a bit more time to get there compared to CBI.

i'm not saying one is better than the other, just letting you know the differences.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
4669 posts
484 upvotes
Burlington
I've used CBI a couple times and no issues. I did ship larger packages there so I'm not too sure about smaller packages going missing.
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
77 upvotes
GTA
i personally like US Address since it's a small building and everything is behind them on a shelf or on the floor. they can look over their shoulder and account for things at a glance. they are for the most part fast at getting you looked after and out the door. every time i email them for confirmation of a package and anything i should know when picking up they are quick to reply and helpful.

sometimes you have to wait for a parking spot as they are always busy but other than that i have no complaints. they have two ways to get to them, stay on the highway and bypass niagara falls blvd and get off at witmer rd. OR do your stops at the outlet mall, wal-mart etc then follow military road to witmer and turn left. so it doesn't take you away from your other stops.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11810 posts
2351 upvotes
Rehan wrote: http://www.cbiusa.com/
$5.95 per package, no daily/weekly holding fee.

I have used them in the past... and will use them this weekend (if my order gets shipped in time). Never had any problems. BTW, they are open until 1pm on Saturdays now... better than their old close time of noon, but worse than competitors.

OP - Since you want to do tires, CBI costs $5.95 per tire. Usaddressinc doesn't mention tires on their website, but I would inquire first before using them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7780 posts
1493 upvotes
Odd, I never had any packages lost by CBI. I've had over 70 packages sent to them ...as small as a ring, and as big as tires.
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
77 upvotes
GTA
USaddress inc. does accept tires as i have always noticed people from ontario picking up tires and rims. you just need to email them regarding tires/rims and see what they charge. my guess is $5 per tire and there might be an additional charge since they are large item and would take up room. they have a room off the entrance that they use for stuff like that. they also accept crates (small to overseas size) and have seen the ones used on airliners caged out back.

i'm going to be heading there to pick up some ebay parcels, so if anyone wants me to find out anything let me know before friday.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4026 posts
792 upvotes
West Side GTA
quick question is this

I'm planning on buying things through ebay but the problem is that my paypal acct is canadian. I can't seem to add a US shipping address as a gift address in paypal.

Do you guys just tell the seller on ebay to use the ebay shipping address (which I'm able to add a US one, which will be either CBI or USinc?)
Banned
Sep 16, 2010
843 posts
77 upvotes
GTA
i was able to add the US address location to my paypal and ebay accounts without an issue. you can do it when you are paying, on the paypal screen confirming things it will show your ship to address and there is a link in that same window under your address. click it and then you can add/update things to reflect the address you want things to go to.

i just thought of something.... i think you might have to be confirmed to add a second address that is not in sync with your ebay account. i'm not 100% sure on that, i guess you will find out when you try and do the address update. lol, i actually just bought something on atomic mall and used paypal then came on here and read your posting, had i come here first i would have been more help to you..

but i know for sure you can on the confirmation page before sending payment.