Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Always

USA Roaming T-Mobile, AT&T & Sprint Hotspot *iPhone w/3G HSPA on T-Mobile (NEW)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2020 11:48 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
Does ROAM produce random phone number when initializing a new SIM card?
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26761 posts
9330 upvotes
where I belong
l69norm wrote: www.prepaidphonenews.com/2015/06/t-mobi ... l.html?m=1

Seems to imply that TM will start allowing tethering on payg effective June 12
They better be, because I'm using ROAM instead b/c of the Tethering capability
h2o- wrote: Does ROAM produce random phone number when initializing a new SIM card?
Yes, I got 2 267 phone #'s from my 2 SIM cards (Philadelphia), they were activated 2~3 months apart too

I think you get ONE number change per SIM card, and it asks for ZIP code
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
h2o- wrote: Does ROAM produce random phone number when initializing a new SIM card?
yes, but you can change it once to the area code you want.
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20805 posts
6622 upvotes
London
According to hofo, TM is starting to shutdown its AWS network 3G/4G in some large markets.
This mostly affects older TM branded AWS phones. Most cdn AWS phones are either LTE or 1900 hspa capable.

wap.howardforums.com/GetThread.php?t=1865795&bat=

The AWS network is hspa 1700/2100. In these markets, most hspa has already been moved to the new 1900 service. The bandwidth is being reassigned to the TM LTE network.

Indianapolis, February 25th
Louisville, May 18th
Chicago, June 18th
Houston, July 15th
Los Angeles, July 22nd
Albuquerque, July 25th
El Paso, July 25th
Oklahoma City, July 27th
Savannah (Jacksonville), July 27th
Baton Rouge (Mobile), July 27th
Columbus (Atlanta), July 27th
Griffin (Atlanta), July 27th
Charleston (Carolina), July 27th
Kansas City, August 3rd
Roanoke (Virginia), August 3rd
St. Louis, August 5th
Nogales (Phoenix), August 10th
Madera (Sacramento), August 10th
Boise City (SLC), August 10th
Del Rio & Kingsville (Austin), August 10th
Miami, August 20th
Laredo (Austin), August 20th
Biloxi, Hattiesburg (Mobile), August 20th
Anniston, AL (Birmingham), August 20th
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
2039 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
I'm on the legacy T-Mobile $2/day 2G unlimited plan.
I'm trying to find out how much it cost:
1) US to Canada TEXT
2) US to CANADA MMS
3) calls to Canada

Thanks
Aug 30, 2012
294 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal
lurker99 wrote: I'm on the legacy T-Mobile $2/day 2G unlimited plan.
I'm trying to find out how much it cost:
1) US to Canada TEXT
2) US to CANADA MMS
3) calls to Canada

Thanks
us to canada text cost .25 cents per message.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 24, 2004
5275 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto
Please contact if anyone is interested in a $2/daily grandfathered T-mobile plan.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Nov 26, 2003
712 posts
217 upvotes
Calgary
joshslvdrn07 wrote: us to canada text cost .25 cents per message.
Would the per text and per minute to canada charges be the same on the pay per use plan?

I'm headed to florida in a couple weeks for 10 days and have $48 in t-mobile credit to use up then be done with them! I'm trying to figure out how best to do that lol.

I'm currently on a legacy pay as you go, so I'm thinking I'll switch to the $3/month pay per use and a $10/week data plan and see how far that gets me
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Anyone tried having T-mobile transfer Pay as you go Legacy number from a full size sim to a nano/micro sim? Is it easy as going into a t-mobile store and buying a new sim and having them transfer it on the computer? Looking to keep my number preferably.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5313 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
coilz wrote: Anyone tried having T-mobile transfer Pay as you go Legacy number from a full size sim to a nano/micro sim? Is it easy as going into a t-mobile store and buying a new sim and having them transfer it on the computer? Looking to keep my number preferably.
I transferred my account (and number) from a micro sim to a nano sim.

I purchased a sim online, when it came I simply called T-Mobile and they transferred it easily.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
What are some good options while roaming in US for 7-8 days? I used Roam mobility when in San Fran for a 3 day trip because I had to call home so unltd cad calling was needed. This time I only need data + US calling. I checked H20 wireless sim cards on ebay and some dealers are selling the 30 day plan for $10 which is way better than $31 CAD with Roam.

Only thing is hassle of getting it shipped and have them activate via eBay message centre etc.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: What are some good options while roaming in US for 7-8 days? I used Roam mobility when in San Fran for a 3 day trip because I had to call home so unltd cad calling was needed. This time I only need data + US calling. I checked H20 wireless sim cards on ebay and some dealers are selling the 30 day plan for $10 which is way better than $31 CAD with Roam.

Only thing is hassle of getting it shipped and have them activate via eBay message centre etc.
Interesting point about H20. Any other MVNO's in the US with good reception and fairly cheap prepaid data plans?
Jan 23, 2005
85 posts
17 upvotes
GVRD
Does anybody have any $2.00/day tmobile sims they aren't going to use and want to sell? I need 1 more for the son. Thanks!
Oct 22, 2012
80 posts
49 upvotes
I have one of the grandfathered $3/day T-mobile plans. I was logged onto their site to change my password and I got prompted to receive a text message for confirmation. In the past I know their data services didn't work in partner networks. Does anyone know if receiving their text messages work in partner networks? Since I'm in Canada, I'm wondering if I can even receive texts from them if I were to put my sim card in my phone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)