• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2009 8:24 am
[OP]
Dec 10, 2007
772 posts
40 upvotes
Surrey

[Amazon.com] USA - SonyStore.com - Sony KDL-46V5100 + PS3 Slim $999

Randomly looking for Black Friday deals this week and came across bfads.net. Anyways, they listed some deals and this one seemed pretty hot.

Sonystore.com Sony KDL-46V5100 + PS3 Slim for $999 - SOLDOUT

Cheapest I found this TV was on amazon.com for $989 - LINK
Sonystore.com - $999 - LINK
Cheapest in Canada is TheSource at $1299 - LINK

Free shipping so if you have an amerifriend. Kinda like getting a free PS3 Slim. :razz:

Also, if you follow that link you'll see they have similar deals for different sized TV's.

Sony KDL-55V5100 + PS3 Slim - $1799
Sony KDL-52V5100 + PS3 Slim - $1499
Sony KDL-40V5100 + PS3 Slim - $879 - SOLDOUT

Saw some other threads with this TV, but they were with a Blu-ray player and not PS3. (Although this offer also does Blu-ray player)

edit: As MiltonMom has mentioned. It seems sonystyle.com doesn't allow Canadian credit cards. They do have Paypal however, but the exchange rate is bad and ends up being about 0.92 USD. Also shipping address MUST be a US address, but that's typical with US deals.

Estimated expiry date - Nov 28th, 2009

[IMG]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3632 ... eriesl.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1710/ps3slim250gb.jpg[/IMG]
24 replies
Oct 10, 2006
115 posts
6 upvotes
anyone know if you can use CDN credit cards at the US sonystyle?
Nov 25, 2008
5 posts
Milton, Ontario
I just called sonystyle.com & they are being VERY difficult :mad:

You CANNOT use a Canadian credit card to order online from them

You can use Paypal to order online but it must have a US home shipping address. They said they WILL NOT ship express to Fedex for holding.

Also the US Sony Stores may or may not run the same promotion but there's no store anywhere near NF, closest one is in Cleveland or Detroit.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can work this out? I'm headed to NF this wknd but I don't have any Amerifriends :(
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3849 posts
1491 upvotes
This deal makes me wish I was American.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2009
1162 posts
46 upvotes
definitely a steal right here :O
Oct 27, 2005
574 posts
4 upvotes
what about a PM at a US BestBuy?
Nov 25, 2008
5 posts
Milton, Ontario
Big D wrote: what about a PM at a US BestBuy?
I'm going to try, but I'm pretty sure that BB won't PM bundles or Buy 1 Get 1 free deals.
Jun 17, 2008
127 posts
44 upvotes
Saskatchewan
MiltonMom wrote: I just called sonystyle.com & they are being VERY difficult :mad:

You CANNOT use a Canadian credit card to order online from them

You can use Paypal to order online but it must have a US home shipping address. They said they WILL NOT ship express to Fedex for holding.

Also the US Sony Stores may or may not run the same promotion but there's no store anywhere near NF, closest one is in Cleveland or Detroit.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can work this out? I'm headed to NF this wknd but I don't have any Amerifriends :(
You can call Visa and add a US billing address to your card, allowing you to buy from them as well as Dell.com etc.
Nov 25, 2008
5 posts
Milton, Ontario
cosmok wrote: You can call Visa and add a US billing address to your card, allowing you to buy from them as well as Dell.com etc.
I still wouldn't have anywhere to ship it to.

The CS rep I talked to told me "CDN credit cards don't work with our system" uhm, ok ?
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1364 posts
81 upvotes
MiltonMom wrote: I still wouldn't have anywhere to ship it to.
You can ship to a UPS store and pickup. The store I use charged me a one-time $10 for a TV, whereas most smaller packages are usually $5. They generally hold packages for up to a month; I've been stacking them up all Nov ahead of a BF trip :D
MiltonMom wrote: The CS rep I talked to told me "CDN credit cards don't work with our system" uhm, ok ?
Probably bouncing on the billing address, not the card number (e.g. VISA beginning with 4514 = RBC issued).

Funny thing is that last week I ordered from Pyramid Air (Ohio) and used my RBC VISA. I entered billing address of a (NY) UPS Store and it went right through :)

Would they take a Paypal payment? I use this often and maintain both CDN and US addresses and alternate the shipping address to where I want the parcel delivered.
Oct 10, 2006
115 posts
6 upvotes
For those with experience driving over picking up packages at the border what should be the expected duty charges on this?

Thanks.
Jun 17, 2008
127 posts
44 upvotes
Saskatchewan
MiltonMom wrote: I still wouldn't have anywhere to ship it to.

The CS rep I talked to told me "CDN credit cards don't work with our system" uhm, ok ?
It's all the billing address, Sonystyle takes paypal so you can try that as well. Call a pub in the city that is closest to you and see if they would take delivery of the package. Places usually only charge $1-2 depending on the size of the package. Ask your friends, I'm sure someone you know has a friend in the US that would let you use their address as your US billing if the paypal doesn't go through (FYI I bought my laptop from Sonystyle.com and used my Canadian Paypal account to pay for it, had it shipped to a bar in ND and picked it up).
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2009
1364 posts
81 upvotes
Teek wrote: For those with experience driving over picking up packages at the border what should be the expected duty charges on this?

Thanks.
Probably nothing on the TV, since it's likely made in mexico (NAFTA applies). It was printed right on the box of the KDL40v5100 I purchased from Amazon.com, so I just paid ON taxes because I picked up the TV on a day trip.

Can't be sure on the PS3, so best to call sony store to confirm. If it's non-nafta, then duty may apply, however, you could try arguing that it was a freebie with the TV ;)
Oct 10, 2006
115 posts
6 upvotes
Thanks for the help.

Anyone take advantage of this deal?
Oct 25, 2005
40 posts
KWG area
the 46'' tv is out of stock. end of our canadian pains
I never resist temptation because I have found that things that are bad for me do not tempt me.(GBS)
Jun 9, 2008
1 posts
How does shipping to the UPS store work? Do you just enter their address and when they received it they'll give you a call? Do you have to let them know before hand?