• Jun 10th, 2016 12:34 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 1, 2010
280 posts
12 upvotes

Used 2013 Dodge Dart SXT

Looking at buying a used 2013 Dodge Dart SXT with a manual transmission, anyone here have one? Is this a good used car?
12 replies
Banned
Mar 11, 2016
2081 posts
865 upvotes
total POS..I personally like the design but like the many base Chrysler products before it has proven to be garbage...like the Calibers, Neons ....
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
16122 posts
14114 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tons of neons were sold and were actually quite reliable.
Sep 29, 2014
533 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fjr2005 wrote: total POS..I personally like the design but like the many base Chrysler products before it has proven to be garbage...like the Calibers, Neons ....
Hahahaah like a Neon from when 20 years ago! You're showing your age and outdated opinion.

To the OP. Don't worry about reliability, modern cars don't have many issues these days. There's a lot of old, nonfactual views on here from people who want everyone to drive ugly, outdated, geriatric Toyota's like them.

As for the car, it has a sharp design, nice quiet interior, smooth ride and great infotainment. The engines give average performance and fuel efficiency but the base engine does feel a little under powered. Not dreadfully slow like a Corolla, but its no Mazda 3.

You could get one for a good price and its also a second model year and manufacturers get the issues out very quickly these days.
Feb 16, 2016
644 posts
241 upvotes
Casselman, Ontario
Fjr2005 wrote: total POS..I personally like the design but like the many base Chrysler products before it has proven to be garbage...like the Calibers, Neons ....
Don't forget the Avenger....oh boy...my mother has one...all of the horror stories from that car....heeeeesh!
Apr 7, 2013
170 posts
60 upvotes
http://www.autoblog.com/buy/2013-Dodge- ... liability/

Weigh out the pros and the cons, and make your decision there.
Reviews aren't very glowing but it seems as though owners don't mind the car too much.

Obviously a Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic are both more reliable -> but the higher cost (due to better resale values of used cars) may negate that benefit depending on the deal you can get on the Dart.
A Mazda 3 may be a good compromise - more reliable than a Dart but not as expensive as the Corolla or Civic.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1780 posts
460 upvotes
TORONTO
That car is pretty cheap on the used market.

I have an 09 Dodge Journey nearing 200k km. It's been a great vehicle so far
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5782 posts
803 upvotes
Fiddilixx wrote: As for the car, it has a sharp design, nice quiet interior, smooth ride and great infotainment. The engines give average performance and fuel efficiency but the base engine does feel a little under powered. Not dreadfully slow like a Corolla, but its no Mazda 3.

You could get one for a good price and its also a second model year and manufacturers get the issues out very quickly these days.
This pretty much, the Base engine is a bit underwhelming but is pretty reliable overall. Most of the issues in early model years have been with the DDCT / 1.4T combo. But then again the focus has a lot of complaints in this area as well. We are just not ready for Dual Cluch here as people expect it to act like a torque converter auto.

It is much quieter than the 3/Corolla though, way more sound proofing.
Banned
Mar 11, 2016
2081 posts
865 upvotes
Fiddilixx wrote: Hahahaah like a Neon from when 20 years ago! You're showing your age and outdated opinion.

To the OP. Don't worry about reliability, modern cars don't have many issues these days. There's a lot of old, nonfactual views on here from people who want everyone to drive ugly, outdated, geriatric Toyota's like them.

As for the car, it has a sharp design, nice quiet interior, smooth ride and great infotainment. The engines give average performance and fuel efficiency but the base engine does feel a little under powered. Not dreadfully slow like a Corolla, but its no Mazda 3.

No actually I have the same opinions of many present day models including the previous and current gen 200....sure, you can save a few bucks and buy the dart, or better yet buy the Mazda and drive it for a relatively worry free 300k+
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
6264 posts
3328 upvotes
Mississauga
Fjr2005 wrote: buy the Mazda and drive it for a relatively worry free 300k+
Is that before or after the wheel wells rust out?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1684 posts
601 upvotes
Calgary
mrweather wrote: Is that before or after the wheel wells rust out?
There was a report that many of the 2014 and 2015 mazda 3 were rusting through the trunk as well. I can never understand how can they not fix this issue in like a 16 year period. Pre 2000 mazdas were ok though.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1958 posts
457 upvotes
m4r 1k8
Fiddilixx wrote: Hahahaah like a Neon from when 20 years ago! You're showing your age and outdated opinion.

didnt know mazda 3 was quite powerful cause its slow as ***** ...
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2012
1468 posts
67 upvotes
Edmonton
don't pay more then 5-6000. these cars are very hard to sell.

I worked at a dodge dealership and heard a customer who bought a dart and also had an older civic talk to one of the managers. He said he listed both for sale and got lots of inquiries on the honda and not 1 for the dart.

self explanatory i guess