• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 2:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2011
918 posts
460 upvotes

Used Audi Q7

Hey guys
Would buying 2018 Audi Q7 Teknik that has about 65000km last a while?
I think cost was about $50000 + HST + possible extended warranty
37 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
30427 posts
16592 upvotes
Toronto
$50k ? Sure sounds very pricey to me
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2011
918 posts
460 upvotes
booblehead wrote: $50k ? Sure sounds very pricey to me
This was fully loaded one. yeah actually their listing price was $58000 LOL
Oh and this was Audi dealer... Do you know any good place to start shopping?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
30427 posts
16592 upvotes
Toronto
MAybe check Audi dealers to see any unsold new 2019 q7 still out there. I recalled factory credit was like $13,000 off + whatever you can get off from dealer side
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2011
918 posts
460 upvotes
booblehead wrote: MAybe check Audi dealers to see any unsold new 2019 q7 still out there. I recalled factory credit was like $13,000 off + whatever you can get off from dealer side
My budget is around $50k.... so I was aiming for 2017~2020 3.0 Q7 Teknik that has less than 60k km
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
36382 posts
22526 upvotes
Center of Universe
ESJExplorer wrote: Who's this?
He picked recently bought a used Q7 at a pretty good price and can help share the details.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 27, 2011
3799 posts
2723 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: He picked recently bought a used Q7 at a pretty good price and can help share the details.
Won't be relevant to the OP at all. Blubbs guy is in Alberta. Who have the cheapest cars in Canada by far. The prices really can't be compared at all. Just how it is unfortunately.

OP do not base your pricing in Ontario on AB prices, you will be disappointed.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3880 posts
5607 upvotes
Canada
Thanks @vkizzle

Great choice. We love ours. I picked up a in 2017 Technik with pretty much all the packages (MSRP $100k), a small lower rear door gouge that I had painted by a touch up guy (aluminum panel so it was easy - can you spot it in the photo? hah. He painted it and buffed all the small white scratches out for $100), and 42,000kms for $42k+GST in Edmonton a few months back. Prices have gone up since then, it was the peak of low demand. But there still should be plenty of lease returns coming in. Mine was from Kelowna, likely old people. It had white stains on the interior that looked like permanent oil stains (according to leather reconditioning company) but that came out completely in 5 minutes with Chemical Guys Leather Cleaner and a horse hair brush. Proof is in the photo below.

Thread on my purchase: new-whip-has-arrived-part-ii-im-set-2379509/

Advice:
1. Definitely get the air suspension, it's just awesome
2. Also get the Luxury and Driver Assistance Plus packages. The massage seats are insane.
3. Yeah basically just get it loaded lol.
4. Even with a huge discount it is still insane to buy one of the loaded ones new. It would cost double compared to getting it with 50,000km.

Just had my winters put on (in the photo). You need a high wheel load rating (1902lb+ per) because the RAWR is super high.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Image
Image
Image
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1874 posts
1082 upvotes
Durham
Prices are definitely cheaper in AB. My buddy actually flew to Edmonton and drove back a GL63 AMG. Made it a road trip coming back. That plus his golf stops was still cheaper than buying local in the GTA.

Q7 is on my list as well. But not sure if I want to go as big as a 7 seater.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2011
918 posts
460 upvotes
Kkhan15 wrote: Prices are definitely cheaper in AB. My buddy actually flew to Edmonton and drove back a GL63 AMG. Made it a road trip coming back. That plus his golf stops was still cheaper than buying local in the GTA.

Q7 is on my list as well. But not sure if I want to go as big as a 7 seater.
Dude, I don't know how he picked up for $42k + tax.... taht's insane, I would jump on it like tomorrow.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
36382 posts
22526 upvotes
Center of Universe
ESJExplorer wrote: Dude, I don't know how he picked up for $42k + tax.... taht's insane, I would jump on it like tomorrow.
Road trip?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5553 posts
4001 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
BC is also pretty cheap cause everyone here drives one of the German trios LOL. Too much supply.

Here's a couple 2017 Techniks for less than $50k, less than 45k km's and from dealers. Dealers here are pretty accommodating and you can probably get it shipped to you for a couple G's, or just take a road trip.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/nvn/ct ... 52984.html
https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/ct ... 83874.html
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3880 posts
5607 upvotes
Canada
ESJExplorer wrote: Dude, I don't know how he picked up for $42k + tax.... taht's insane, I would jump on it like tomorrow.
Again it was during peak fear. For context, asking price was $49k, I knew the manager, he sold it to me for $44k so that the dealer made $1k profit, and they rebated me the $2k financing kickback they got for signing up the loan, only stipulation is I had to take a 7% loan and keep it for six months. But I put $35k+ against the loan immediately to reduce the principal and when I pay out the loan in Jan I will only have paid a few hundred in interest. Maybe that can help you a bit.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2011
918 posts
460 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: Again it was during peak fear. For context, asking price was $49k, I knew the manager, he sold it to me for $44k so that the dealer made $1k profit, and they rebated me the $2k financing kickback they got for signing up the loan, only stipulation is I had to take a 7% loan and keep it for six months. But I put $35k+ against the loan immediately to reduce the principal and when I pay out the loan in Jan I will only have paid a few hundred in interest. Maybe that can help you a bit.
Did you pick up from audi dealer or other dealerships? Or used car shop?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3880 posts
5607 upvotes
Canada
ESJExplorer wrote: Did you pick up from audi dealer or other dealerships? Or used car shop?
From a Honda dealership where I had bought my other car. They had picked up three lease return Q7s at auction.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2011
918 posts
460 upvotes
Blubbs wrote: From a Honda dealership where I had bought my other car. They had picked up three lease return Q7s at auction.
Oh thats nice, did you have option to pay extended warranty?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3880 posts
5607 upvotes
Canada
ESJExplorer wrote: Oh thats nice, did you have option to pay extended warranty?
Yes, both directly from audi and third party. I declined. It costs a lot

Top