used car decision confused between 2018 XC60 vs 2018 GLC 300

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 8:53 pm
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes

used car decision confused between 2018 XC60 vs 2018 GLC 300

Both are similarly priced around 40k but the GLC 300 has just half kilometers (20k) on it where as the volvo has 40k kilometers on it and also lease returned vehicle bought in auction by dealership where as the benz was trade in by other customer.

when i test drove i personally liked the interiors of xc60 where as GLC300 navigation and system looks outdated
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
Your comparing apples to potatos.... 20k means nothing as you are looking at 2 different models. If you prefer the Volvo, get that Volvo.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: Your comparing apples to potatos.... 20k means nothing as you are looking at 2 different models. If you prefer the Volvo, get that Volvo.
How about the Porsche macan it is priced 4k above xc60 but has 62k kilometers directly from porsche dealer ... is it more bang for buck to get a macan ?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9187 posts
8433 upvotes
mattdominic wrote: How about the Porsche macan it is priced 4k above xc60 but has 62k kilometers directly from porsche dealer ... is it more bang for buck to get a macan ?
Now you are adding grapes along with Apple and Orange.

Go drive them. GLC300 is boring compare to Macan. I have no comment on XC60 but I would assume they are boring too.

And Porsche options are hard to track to gauge value. A base $58K Macan can be optioned to be over $100K.
Last edited by Xtrema on Aug 11th, 2021 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Now you are adding grapes along with Apple and Orange.

Go drive them. GLC300 is boring compare to Macan. I have no comment on XC60 but I would assume they are boring too.
actually i didn't find XC60 boring but with GLC300 i agree
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9187 posts
8433 upvotes
mattdominic wrote: actually i didn't find XC60 boring but with GLC300 i agree
Then that's your answer. Both should have less than 1 year of warranty left and neither is anywhere near 80k km. Take the car you like, 20k km in difference is nothing.

With the Macan, go have a drive. I assume it's older and warranty probably expires soon or already on CPO warranty. Most VAG garage can work on it but having that P badge tends up add cost on upkeep for long term.
Last edited by Xtrema on Aug 11th, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6683 posts
4247 upvotes
Toronto
Are you asking the group what we prefer?

Make a T chart and on left write pro, on right write con. Who ever gets most pro wins.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7175 posts
9149 upvotes
The NORTH
peteryorkuca wrote: Are you asking the group what we prefer?

Make a T chart and on left write pro, on right write con. Who ever gets most pro wins.
OP is obvious troll... Comparing 2 cars from different brands with different km's then tossing in a Porsche? They either lack critical thinking or had too much time on their hands today.

From the OP's post in the EI Discussion Thread:
Current on EI for almost a year but i was not fault the business was not doing well due to pandemic i was getting 18$ per hour and i really like this job... now i got offer for 3 months with 17$ per hour when i checked the reviews in glassdoor itseems like very less chances of contract extension here too .. my concern is will i loose my EI Benefits in case if anything goes wrong again with this new job due to performance or any other reason

note: i also reached out to my original employer where i am on furlough the HR told they will definitely call me when the business get back but i dont like to be idle hence i applied.

please advise i am really confused ...can i continue to file EI even while working this 3 month contract
So the OP is buying a porsche on $17 an hour after being on EI for a year???
Last edited by kr0zet on Aug 11th, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Feb 16, 2017
575 posts
241 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Then that's your answer. Both should have less than 1 year of warranty left and neither is anywhere near 80k km. Take the car you like, 20k km in difference is nothing.

With the Macan, go have a drive. I assume it's older and warranty probably expires soon or already on CPO warranty. Most VAG garage can work on it but having that P badge tends up add cost on upkeep for long term.
Macan link https://finder.porsche.com/ca/en_CA/kiosk/Macan-345670
Feb 10, 2008
616 posts
484 upvotes
I don't understand the hate.

Whats the issue with comparing a Volvo XC60 and a Benz GLC300? I would think they are same class/level of cars. Its like comparing the GLC to the X3 to the Q5? Comparing same level cars from different brands asking for points and opinions on which model is better seems fair.

I would say the Macan is a tier (or at least half a tier) above the above mentioned cars...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
6683 posts
4247 upvotes
Toronto
Tokic_o wrote: I don't understand the hate.

Whats the issue with comparing a Volvo XC60 and a Benz GLC300? I would think they are same class/level of cars. Its like comparing the GLC to the X3 to the Q5? Comparing same level cars from different brands asking for points and opinions on which model is better seems fair.

I would say the Macan is a tier (or at least half a tier) above the above mentioned cars...
What's there to compare X3 vs GLC vs Volvo vs macan?

Is there real difference to bicker about what's already been said in various reviews about mazda3 vs civic vs corolla?

What yous ppl like is what I think OP is asking.