Used Compact SUV Suggestion for $15k-$20k
I currently drive a 2005 Camry LX in QC so I am not looking for anything fancy nor sporty but I would like to upgrade to a dependable SUV that will offer the following:
1) Reliability (I am not a handy guy)
3) Rear windshield wiper (must be nice for driving at night in the rain/snow)
4) Heated front seats (girlfriend wants this)
Nice to have for street side parking:
5) AWD (for higher center of gravity and the icy Quebec roads but I've managed with underpowered Camry with FWD all this years)
6) Rear back up camera (no SUV is longer than my Camry for parking purposes)
My budget is below $17,300 before taxes or $20,000 all in but I heard dealers would be more willing to move inventory in January.
If interest rate on used vehicles is too high, I could always pay cash. Obviously the cheaper the better as long as I don't compromise on reliability and safety.
I narrowed it down too the following but do feel free to make your suggestion:
CR-V: too many engine troubles since 2014 + high insurance?
RAV4: reliable but high insurance?
Santa Fe/Tucson: Exterior looks great but the dashboard looks too busy.
Sportage: no back up camera?
Equinox: looks too perfect on Carcomplaints.com? Maybe a bit too long
Escape: looks very reliable for 2015 and 2016. Is this best combo for reliability, safety and low insurance?
Thanks a lot in advance!