Automotive

Used Q7 vs New Palisade?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 8:51 pm
Tags:

Poll: Used Q7 vs New Palisade?

• Total votes: 40. You have voted on this poll.
2 years old Q7 with 40k km

58%
Brand new palisade

43%
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
844 posts
410 upvotes

Used Q7 vs New Palisade?

Dead serious:
2 years old Q7, 40000km fully loaded
Vs
Brand new hyundai palisade, fully loaded

Cost is same
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5828 posts
4508 upvotes
Q7 with CPO warranty (ie, 4 years and 80k of warranty left), then Q7.

If not, Palisade.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
844 posts
410 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Q7 with CPO warranty (ie, 4 years and 80k of warranty left), then Q7.

If not, Palisade.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, getting extended warranty for either one. Minimum 4 years 80k if not more.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5828 posts
4508 upvotes
ESJExplorer wrote: Oh yeah I forgot to mention, getting extended warranty for either one. Minimum 4 years 80k if not more.
Well you get 5 year of trouble free ownership with a new Palisade. You will only get 4 with Q7 (and the final 2 years will have deductibles).

So end of the day, how much of a luxury product with better torque means to you.

Maintenance will also be more with Audi if you go back to dealership for services. And since it's used, there will be more parts need to be replaced during your years of ownership.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
844 posts
410 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: Well you get 5 year of trouble free ownership with a new Palisade. You will only get 4 with Q7 (and the final 2 years will have deductibles).

So end of the day, how much of a luxury product with better torque means to you.

Maintenance will also be more with Audi if you go back to dealership for services. And since it's used, there will be more parts need to be replaced during your years of ownership.
Thats good point.
I was even considering 8000km palisade too, still new same trim but $15k cheaper i LOLed haha
Luxury matters, HP? Not so much as this is family vehicle.
Palisade's ton of technology stuffs are very tempting though.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5828 posts
4508 upvotes
ESJExplorer wrote: Thats good point.
I was even considering 8000km palisade too, still new same trim but $15k cheaper i LOLed haha
Luxury matters, HP? Not so much as this is family vehicle.
Palisade's ton of technology stuffs are very tempting though.
Torque matters when you are hauling. I think Q7 has 100ft/lb more than Palisade and comes in a lot earlier due to supercharger.

But FI also has less longevity, given Hyundai/Kia has not had good records lately either with their engine fires, I'll call it a draw.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27602 posts
7952 upvotes
You have like three threads about basically the same thing--all could have been combined into one thread TBH. You seem to be leasing an X6 M50i right now, and it doesn't expire until next year? May as well just lease another vehicle no? Buying used is better financially in most cases but unless you're sick of leasing/paying perpetually, it might be an easier route for you esp. if you're used to high end/luxury vehicles and turning them over that frequently.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
844 posts
410 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: You have like three threads about basically the same thing--all could have been combined into one thread TBH. You seem to be leasing an X6 M50i right now, and it doesn't expire until next year? May as well just lease another vehicle no? Buying used is better financially in most cases but unless you're sick of leasing/paying perpetually, it might be an easier route for you esp. if you're used to high end/luxury vehicles and turning them over that frequently.
Actually that x6 is done now.... I guess there might misleading, but it is done. Good stuff
Apr 8, 2010
774 posts
419 upvotes
toronto
I've never owned a new car. Always bought used. I cannot justify the deprecation hit on new cars
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
844 posts
410 upvotes
denti72 wrote: I've never owned a new car. Always bought used. I cannot justify the deprecation hit on new cars
I am learning that hard way lol
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13228 posts
7321 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: You have like three threads about basically the same thing--all could have been combined into one thread TBH.
Amen..
It’s actually 4
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27602 posts
7952 upvotes
ESJExplorer wrote: Actually that x6 is done now.... I guess there might misleading, but it is done. Good stuff
What do you mean by "done"? Did you drive it into a lake...Lakesus style? LOL :lol:
[OP]
Oct 24, 2011
844 posts
410 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: What do you mean by "done"? Did you drive it into a lake...Lakesus style? LOL :lol:
I found a gentleman whos willing to take the lease and pay me some downpay back. Way better than negative equity from dealer. Two thumbs up!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
2872 posts
3726 upvotes
Edmonton
ESJExplorer wrote: Dead serious:
2 years old Q7, 40000km fully loaded
Vs
Brand new hyundai palisade, fully loaded

Cost is same
Did you drive them? I made sure to drive a Palisade before buying my Q7. They feel night and day different, both in quality and driving dynamics.

I do still like the Palisade overall. It had better lane keep assist and cargo space, but everything else was much much better on the Q7. My wife likes how the Q7 doesn't feel huge. Most of these midsize crossovers feel pretty porky to drive.