• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2014 11:34 pm
[OP]
Jun 24, 2011
37 posts
TORONTO, Canada

used treadmill

Where to get a good used treadmill. I started researching and now my head is spinning. I would like to get one to teach my dogs to walk on it. Where to start? :o
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9015 posts
2556 upvotes
London
When I asked my dogs what they looked for in a treadmill, they said 'ruff', so I assume they meant a non-slip surface.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12155 posts
3462 upvotes
GTA
Ottomaddox wrote: When I asked my dogs what they looked for in a treadmill, they said 'ruff', so I assume they meant a non-slip surface.
Keep the day job
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3325 posts
610 upvotes
Since it is for your dog, the size of your dog could have an impact on the size of machine. As I am sure you are aware, some companies do make treadmills specifically for dogs. An acquaintance of mine had to have her dog use a treadmill as part of his rehab but he was a very large dog so a human version worked fine. But for some smaller dogs, a dog specific treadmill is often suggested - and only after vet approval.

But the main thing to consider is - would your dog use it?! I know ours wouldn't. I wish. I think that if a dog is trained from an early age to use a treadmill you might have a better shot at it - unless of course you have a genius dog who decides he/she is not going to do it (we have had 3 genius level dogs - keeping one step ahead of them kept us on our toes).
[OP]
Jun 24, 2011
37 posts
TORONTO, Canada
Thanks. Your right.

Yeah I know I would have to do heavy dog training but there is nothing my dog won't do for a marrow bone treat.
[OP]
Jun 24, 2011
37 posts
TORONTO, Canada
Of course I check KIJIJI.

It's crazy all the choice and different prices. Some are accent and cost a lot. Makes no sense.
[OP]
Jun 24, 2011
37 posts
TORONTO, Canada
Anyone have any luck buying from consignment shops? " :cry: Play It Again Sports"?